Whole flock dead!

try posting a pity thread... Ask for pity chicks.. Cover the shipping and see what great hearts you have here on BYC!!! I don't ship chicks...nor do I have any or I would jump on that bus... Good luck dear BYC chummie..

I can send you some eggs if you would like
hugs.gif
I don't have enough chicks to make a shipment. I have duck eggs, orp mix eggs, polish, silkie, EE serama.......

I popped a pity thread up for you... I hope some ppl respond... I am soo sorry you are not closer.. I put your email up there so you can be contacted.. hopefully someon in your area will have something.

No more losses since I've had them locked up. They won't see the outside again until we are fully living there...Of course...all of the flighty birds are left and that = hating me...lol

I would be more than happy to donate some chicks
jumpy.gif
I grew up in Boston, VA, its near Sperryville and Culpeper. Is this where you live? If so, Im not far from you
big_smile.png

I'd be glad to donate some eggs. I've got mille fleur d'uccles, sizzles/mille fleur mix,EE's and true araucanas (rumpless, but no tufts yet).

Let me know. Im in Ohio and could ship out by tomorrow of Friday.
big_smile.png

Carmel

Thanks you guys.
And yes, that's where I'm at, 8 miles out of Culpeper.
smile.png

PM me if you want to schedule a meet, howfunkyisurchicken.
And Pm also coberdor, so I can at least cover shipping or something.

I've stopped by and walked around again this morning, yes in this awful rain! And I discovered that it came back and ate some black chickens out in the barn. It also has killed a small cow, goat or deer and brought a leg w/hooves over to eat it again at the barn! It seems like it does this regularly! What should I do?
I'm already planing a stake out once we get our shot gun and a high power flash light. That thing is going down, this ain't no restaurant!

Oh my, I can't even imagine. I've only lost 1 bird to a predator and cried my eyes out, really tore me up. My flock is part of my family, as are all of my other pets. Hang in there, my thoughts are with you.

Just saw this and really feel your pain. I do have a ton of chicks all the time depending what you may be looking for. I would be glad to send for shipping cost as I can hatch plenty more. Just let me know if you are interested. I can send day olds or started in certain breeds. The loss of a chick or two is normal fowl luck a flock is heart breaking. Hope I can help.

Mike

hit.gif
Wow I was so sad to read your post. I know how it feels to loose them, I lost a couple to dogs last year and one new chick to a snake this year! I also thought coyotes, but also a pack of dogs, coons, opossoms, and large rats can do that kind of damage as well. You never know what is roaming in the middle of the night. I have lights up, and have heard that a radio in the coop can ward off animals. I have not tried that though! I run cords out to my coop. We are in Mineral, and I am hatching out some chicks in the next couple weeks, I will be glad to hatch some for you, I have Ameracuana's in there right now. If that is something you make want! I know this is extreme, but you may want to put up some electric fence for a while. I had to to do that with my honeybees. Again so sorry!!!!

Back
Top Bottom