Why do you guys give your chickens apple cider vinegar?

Buying 16 ounce bottles at store gets expensive, I got mine on line, started on amazon I think, 2 gallons for 32 dollars and free shipping. It will last a long time. I started using it because supposed to be good for chickens, but continue even if not sure it helps them because it really helps keep waterers from being slimy!

I don't know what the difference is but the stuff you but at the grocery store is not the same as Braggs. I don't care if it does say organic it not the same. I've drank it and it don't taste the same at all. Braggs is all I buy. Of course I've got $500,000 worth of stock in the co.
lol.png
Not really.

There are a lot of claims for what apple cider vinegar can do, but if any of them have been proven I haven't seen it.

One thing it can do that I can clearly observe for myself is slow the growth of bio-film (slime) in the waterers and that is why I use it. But ONLY in plastic waterers. In galvanized metal waterers it can accelerate metal corrosion and possibly leach enough zinc into the water to make it toxic.

It is said that -
Apple Cider vinegar benefits are:
*Reduces intestinal and fecal odors.
*Aids in digestion.
*Helps to break down minerals and fats.
*Assists the animal to assimilate proteins.
*Assists the animal to convert food better.
*It lowers the pH of the digestive tract which will make an environment less welcoming to pathogens therefore may reduce common infections and increases resistance to disease.
*Improves stamina and fertility.
*It is a great overall tonic that will improve the general well being of the animal.
If started while Birds are young (1-1/2 to 2weeks), birds
*Will feather out quicker.
*Are hardier.
*Grow to their potential sooner when used with an adequate feed.

Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in the vitamins, minerals and trace elements found in apples, especially potassium. It will normalize pH levels in the stomach, improve digestion and the assimilation of nutrients.

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) wont work as a "Natural" Wormier it has little affect on worms.

As for what type of Apple Cider Vinegar to use, any type of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with mother (It doesn't have to be organic) will work.

Cautions:
Do not use metal water dishes (except stainless steal).
Vinegar should not be used internally with animals that have an irritated lining of the intestinal tract.
Do not use Apple Cider Vinegar wile treating for worms or coccidiosis.

Chris

Roy Rooster saved me a lot of time.
For Chickens 1 TBS per gallon of water. at least once a week. Twice won't hurt

For people I mix 2 TBS per gallon of water. Refrigerate and drink a cup or so a day.

The main reason you don't see tests on Organics and home remedies is the Pharmaceutical companies can't patent most of it and can't make any money
If you will notice The FDA is the strongest discourager in organics and Holistic Medications.

BUT don't just use anything someone suggests, study it first.

Back
Top Bottom