Ended Winter Contest Series

The days are shorter, and the nights are colder, but that doesn't mean the fun needs to end! It's time to cozy up under a blanket with some hot chocolate and see what new contests we have in store for you this season! Enter one or enter them all to increase your chances to win!

Click on a picture or link to enter the contest!
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

1_Winter on the Farm - 2024.png

Chilly Coop Contest.jpg

winter-photography-contest-jpg.jpg

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

Hello to everyone!
Awesome..thank you! I've been gone a bit, but I'm back. I have to start a whole new flock, so I have babies only right now that I just bought at TS...may have to wait til next year to enter with pictures...I am very excited to see you all's pics, though!

There should be a goose hiss picture contest:
IMG_5617.JPG

It has been so nice and warm this month my pics wouldn't even look like winter pics🤣
I live in Florida 😂 so I could use some from where I moved from (Utah 🤮) lol have some snow ones but for here I used so far one of the bonfires I have going EVERYNIGHT LOL lots of down trees and branches from the hurricane. Fires are wintry IMO 😂♥️

I live in Florida 😂 so I could use some from where I moved from (Utah 🤮) lol have some snow ones but for here I used so far one of the bonfires I have going EVERYNIGHT LOL lots of down trees and branches from the hurricane. Fires are wintry IMO 😂♥️
I live in Texas, so I hear ya, lol

This is what happens when Silkies don't have the good sense to stay out of our So Calif downpours even though there are plenty of patio roofs, shelters, etc. We are at the point that we have to keep them in our kitchen on rainy days so they don't get soaked and cold!
DSCN0512.JPG

DSCN0513.JPG

DSCN0514.JPG

PROPER DRY SILKIE FLUFF
DSCN0486.JPG

Hmm! - Let's see what i have to offer: A fire in my chiminea in the mud, dux drilling holes into the mud, pictures of my muddy potato patch, Blanca Dux sitting in the duckling-box in the mud, the mud-flats between the humon- and the dux-house, …

Noticed the common theme? - MUD!

This is what that "winter" was looking like today (Saturday):
Nobody wants mud-pictures! 🤣

This is what happens when Silkies don't have the good sense to stay out of our So Calif downpours even though there are plenty of patio roofs, shelters, etc. We are at the point that we have to keep them in our kitchen on rainy days so they don't get soaked and cold!
View attachment 3756768
View attachment 3756769
View attachment 3756770

PROPER DRY SILKIE FLUFF
View attachment 3756771
Om goodness! I have never ever wanted a silkie until seeing that fluff!! Oh my they are so clean and FlUFffY!!! Thank you for sharing 🐓❤️

Om goodness! I have never ever wanted a silkie until seeing that fluff!! Oh my they are so clean and FlUFffY!!! Thank you for sharing 🐓❤️
Silkies CAN be clean when there's no rain to bring out the earthworms to forage. In our mostly dry weather they stay fluffy year-round cuz even if they're molting I've never seen a bald spot on them. Just one day suddenly I will spot a few new pin feathers in their crest without ever knowing why. They are always losing a downy fluffy feather from time to time but never a real molt like standard-sized chickens. What we like about Silkies is that there's no chicken feather odor in their fluff.

Our adult Silkies
DSCN0441.JPG
DSCN0482.JPG
GINNY TRASH CAN 5  03-21-2023.jpg

Our 3 new Silkie chicks showing their best side :lau
SILKIE CHICKS 7  02-08-2024.jpg

Given the significant & very unseasonal warm weather this month….
Today (technically) the high forecast is: 94*F
In North Texas. That’s ~40 degrees above normal. March will be rolling in like a lamb and now we are down to just 2 nights forecast to be close to or maybe at freezing…..

No snow shots for us the rest of the winter at this rate…

Back
Top Bottom