Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I think I'll have to eat my words about the snow. On Tuesday I had to drive in that crap and ended up messing up my driver rear on the guardrail, and I was only going 35mph! I was trying to get over to avoid a semi and fishtailed all over the road. And I even have AWD. I'm super sad.

In better news I'm looking forward to the eclipse. I'm having my teens and fella meet me at work (if it's not cloudy) and we're going up on the observation deck, even though it's still closed. (I work at the State Capitol building). Saturday we picked up two new windows from the restore for the kitchen, and today we're snagging two antique back doors for our rear entry. We're SO close to pulling off siding and re-doing it all on our 152 year old farmhouse!
Sorry to hear about your car and my condolences for your working at the capital, but don't you think that it would be better viewing in the country?
I'm not really sure how much we will be able to see here.

On another note: Anyone raise turkeys around here?
I'm thinking about it but very unsure!

Sorry to hear about your car and my condolences for your working at the capital, but don't you think that it would be better viewing in the country?
I'm not really sure how much we will be able to see here.

On another note: Anyone raise turkeys around here?
I'm thinking about it but very unsure!
neighbor down road raises a few turkeys. Does fine with them.There is some sickness which can go between chickens and turkys and I dont remember. Neighbor has chickens , ducks, turkeys.
3 years ago his son went to farm fleet, someone did not pick up thier turkey order. 10 trukeys . Farm Fleet had the turkeys dirt cheap for sale, he picked them up. Now he gets some turkeys every year. Not many enough for his family.
He free ranges and told me trurkeys were pretty efficient , feed wieght gain.
Thats all I know.

Last edited:
Wish I was one of them
You would have been welcome for sure! The cheezy hashbrowns we fried on the big griddle were a real hit with scrambled eggs and ham. The nap after the early start did feel good!
We were blessed with heavy snow last week also. The power was out for 21 hours here and I was beginning to freak with all the food we have in 4 freezers. I told Suzie that I was glad we didn't have the incubator going yet.
It's almost all melted now and hope the Robin's don't have to deal with any more snowstorms.

Stay safe .. bigz

Quiet weather day here today. Easy to notice when the wind is not blowing like it has!
Turkey hunting next week, and it sounds like above normal temps for the time period. Nice to avoid hauling the heater with the rest of the gear needed.
Time to start a few seeds too. Peppers take quite a while to get going. I have a heirloom red spicey variety called Chico invite that I like to grow and can't be purchased anywhere anymore. Sandhill preservation shared some seeds with me years ago that I continue to save.

Stay Safe ... bigz

Back
Top Bottom