Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

They are 3.5 weeks old. I do not know for sure which are males/females. The current SQ standard looks for some black on wings. These have black on wings but also has lighter secondary feathers too so I am unsure. I am thinking that a good portion of them ARE males but that is gut not fact speaking.

Last edited:
I sooooooo miss living in Wisconsin. I grew up in Milwaukee then moved to Oshkosh/Fond du lac area. After coming down south I have found my old heritage of farming becoming like a burning flame inside. I am going to love raising chickens, even though I'm here in South Carolina and not home. I was wondering how raising chickens there differs from here?

Welcome Dafty...spill yur words as you want...some will listen...that will be me.
wink.png

BLT's with our first mater...he was anice softball size....hard to believe howgret home grown maters taste...with fresh ltuce fromte garden...keyboard is givin fits...later...bigz

Wisconsin has freezing cold winters and South Carolina has more rainfall and is hotter, for starters.

The outward things I have noticed :). I was wondering about feed requirements and types of breeds, things of that nature. Sorry for not saying that.

Back
Top Bottom