Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning folks,

yep doc had my innards tickled a few times years ago,,,

CC maybe that infection started because you have not given bigfam enough snot of late,,,,hope ya feel better

Jim to bad about the pups, obviously that gal wasn't the place for them, good luck getting them sold

a couple rough days on an old IH tractor, raked straw for 10 hrs the last 2 days, enough of that chit glad it's supposed to rain later

at least half of the pullets are laying had 8 eggs from them yesterday,,,the dark Marans eggs are getting good size now already a large,,,interesting birds

second batch or roosters in the grow out pen are a pia,,,,every evening 2-3 have figured out an escape,,horney bass turds

need to get a couple things done the clouds are moving in

bbl

Good AM, It might not do any good to make a brooder box and try to move the cluck.. she might go right back to the spot she has picked out.. but sometimes you might have success in moving her..

I picked up my hyd shaft.. the B"stards just cut the old end off and welded a new end on.. HeII, I could have done that !! I wanted a Walthers connector.. and they charged me more for the remodel than what the original shaft cost.. This new one should be functional, but it is not exactly what I wanted,, the original one lasted about 6 years.. In 6 more years, I will be too blind to drive that tractor anyway..

I am enjoying having the puppies here.. have let them loose the whole time and not so much as a passing interest in the chickens.. I think the lady made up that story because she couldn't keep up to two adolescent dogs..

TerriO, I'll bet you were going to tell me how much to charge for the baby cockatiels ..? we have 3 to sell.. and now we have 7 adults.. Annie is doing the cockatiel thingy.. she also has an opportunity to get some parakeets with a contract from a store to sell babies to.. IDK about that..
but if she wants to try it,, I will not stand in her way..

while I was gone yesterday, Annie sold 20 of my almost POL chickens.. I didn't mind that so much, but she included 4 of my jet black jungle fowl.. I have 10 of them left, plus the 4 older hens.. I am down to about 3 BR roos.. I wanted to keep one of them and at least 6 matching pullets. some of them have really finely lined neck feathers.. very pretty.. It hardly pays for me to leave the farm,, I always have some sort of surprise when I get back home..

We might have one of the puppies sold.. they should be sold right after weaning,, these two guys are just about as tall as Dora.. Yes Dora.. that is Nora's real name.. I have been trying to get people to call her Nora, but to no avail.. so I am going to buckle on this one.. they sound so similar , the dog doesn't know the difference.... D@mmit.. I just had a moment where I forgot how to type.. dislexic moment.. Anyhow,, the guy who wants the pup just wants a pet.. so age isn't that much of a factor.. He had an order in for a pup from her next batch.. we will have to make sure we put an "As Is" clause in the sale..
this guy's dog recently died at the age of 14.. so I guess he knows how a dog behaves..

Kim, I am going to PM you..

ETA: CC, You may be correct about skunks not killing chickens,, but they will definately kill full grown geese.. been there , done that.

..............jiminwisc............

Last edited:
Good morning! Hey Jim I already answered you on those 'teils! Man, you have to get some new glasses...I said if you hand fed them you could get maybe $100 but as parent raised babies probably between $30 and $50 I would think....you could direct Annie to a bird breeder's forum for the info...also there is one on here too!
Nice cool morning today...BFF was supposed to come out and we were gonna put up a rustic fence or clean out my back room...she says she has been got too much from home so she cant come. Wants to take her 14 year old son to a movie...weird that a kid that age would want to spend time with Mom...I never did--had better things to do by then! Whatever!
Maybe I will try do work on the room myself...AACK!

Great that you are working Carol! The truck started just fine when I went to the mill last night. Havent tried yet today...thanks for the offer of a discount; might take you up on that someday. (no comments about seatbelts please
wink.png
) And no, that wasnt helpful on the chicks in the least---get a NAME for it woman!

Tomorrow I am going to MIlw. to pick up another chicken a a couple of quail. I will let you know if he is as friendly as Tommy! A barred rock cockeral supposedly...maybe.

Well, my feet are cold so I guess I will put on some shoes and get outside. So begins another day...wonder what I will find dead?
Have a great one! TErri O

Hi all!
Just getting caught up. Foot still hurts but made it around the grocery store. I liked the produce, meat, dairy and frozen food isles. Nice and cool on the feet. Had flip flops on since my foots still all swollen.
As I was putting groceries away I missed judged the little step we have from the kitchen into the pantry area. The good thing was I did not hit my toes on it with my good foot. The bad thing was I hit my toes on it with the bad foot. My poor toe! Again! Seriously!!!

Nice to see some MIA Cheesies stopped by!

DrH-Your neighbor sounds touched in the head. I kinda feel sorry for him. Being all nuts and no family to take care of him and get him the help he needs. But he might be the type not to take any help offered to get him sane....

BL4-I have Midge. My PR for the seminars. She is a good Girl and works for meal worms. I also have Minnie the RO. She's not as seasoned as Midge though but she is sweet and handle-able.

Well,I think I will got mow the lawn. Get out of the house and enjoy the cool weather!

TTFN!

Oh MLH you know the rules. Always keep banging the injured area! It's just a reminder not to do it again. Donny stopped over awhile ago and told me that someone with a scanner told him that the sheriff went to Mr. Whacko's house yesterday aft and he came to the door with a rifle. [They must have kept his pistola from the horse rescue incident.] He has a sister that lives in town but don't think she has anything to do with him for some reason. Jim that really sucks about the shaft! They should have called you. [Easy Bf4me} Dan gotta like using old iron to do the work! Wish I could find some straw around here! Knocked down some offending weeds with the mower, it's really hard not to mow the whole yard. It's just wrong! Have 4 bags of jalapenos in the freezer and going to bag the freezer carrots right after this. Was sitting here typing and thought the chickens were outside by the AC unit but it turned out to be my stomach growling. Guess it's lunch time.

Here is the completed residence of my new neighbors, "THE COOPERS" and their backyard (aka run). If you look close you can see some of them lounging under their shade canopy.
If you're curious, I use the mailbox to hold my gloves, tools and their evening treats. (oops, the gate still needs painting )
that too cute... i wish i had neighbors like you...
thumbsup.gif

no I don't gotta like using old iron to do the work,,,,not when it's my skinnyoleass missing the AC, air ride seat, power steering, and stereo,,,just sayin

one big problem this year is I trade labor for straw,,,,the oats were a bust this year so all we have is rye straw,,,works for bedding but not what I need for the gardens (no comment on getting the shaft)

need to run to the feed store the girls are worried when they hear me scraping the bottom of the barrel,,,,

WHAT A WAY TO WAKE UP! We have farm fields just to our west on the other side of our woods and the farmer decides to bring in a crop duster at 5:30 this morning
ep.gif
His first pass goes RIGHT over the house and sounds like he's landing on the roof!!
hide.gif
Ok, I understand you got to do what you got to do but not before my first cuppa people! At least he was done within half an hour or so and it was pretty cool to watch that up close but it sure spooked the heck out of the girls
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

wow, Dr. H! I surrender! Your crazy neighbor is definitely crazier than mine!!! Next time the idiot does one of his idiot things (and there always is an next time, sigh) I will remember yours. At least mine doesn't drag too many animals into the mix, (unless you count his girlfriend's kids). Did I mention that he is thirty something, his GF a bit older and what did they do after the fire? They BOTH went and got Ford blue mohawks! nuff said.

Cindy~so sorry to hear about your sinus infection
hugs.gif
that can be so painful and how can you do anything with your head hurting like that? Get better soon!

BL4~keep your ducks (aka chicks
lau.gif
) in a row for the meeting. We're all pulling for you!!!

MLH~hubby has some over-sized logging boots, just a thought.

Thank you RRR! It's still a work in progress, I'm still coming up with new ideas (poor hubby
gig.gif
)

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words about Broody Butt. Found out this morning that the crazy duck has already been sitting on the eggs for 2 weeks so the switch might be a bit iffy but it's going to be fun to try anyway. Moving Broody Butt and her golf balls into her Broody digs tonight and do the switch tomorrow evening.
fl.gif

Thanks everyone...

Amyable.... Anytime, babys start hatching about March 1st every year, so can put in an order whenever you are ready...

Babylady... Thanks, Gearing up for county fair right now. Taking the birds up there tonight (Approximately 70 and yes I am crazy. lol) Hopefully sell a few up there, then the first swap is early September, and always end up selling about 90% of what I want to unload there. So if you know of anyone interested, or are yourself, let me know before sept.

Thanks, well off to set up at the fair

Good AM,
Annie is doing the cockatiel thingy.. she also has an opportunity to get some parakeets with a contract from a store to sell babies to.. IDK about that..
but if she wants to try it,, I will not stand in her way..
Jim,
If Annie would like to borrow for a season or two, our parakeets, she could they are some awesome colors and are quite bonded.
We have two english budgies and two normal sized keets. 1 is a blue pied, paired with a pastel (muted) blue/yellow hen, and our other english is an Olive paired with a blue. The boys picked the girls, we had quite a few for them to pick from, and that is who they picked...LOL
They are mature, not tame, but sweet and well would probably LOVE to raise some babies!

Carol

Back
Top Bottom