Worming a mixed flock? Need some input...

Try calling Merck.

-Kathy

Well, I figured Merck would be more responsive to my vet, so he called his Merck representative who assured him the supplier (apparently there is an intermediary supplier for all the Merck products) had this. The supplier couldn't find it, so Merck gave him the product numbers/listings, he called the supplier back, supplier is still trying to figure it out...

It's new, lol, but I'm hoping to have my hands on some soon. I'll let you know how much it is once the supplier actually finds it
gig.gif
I figure I pretty much have to get it from my vet now that he's jumped through this many hoops
th.gif

Quote:
I'm holding out hope that the 1 liter size won't require a re-fi on the house. Apparently comes in 1 liter and 1 gallon sizes.

Since US market doesn't approve it for laying hens yet (while UK does, with no withdrawal time, go figure), they must be aiming at commercial broiler market -- can't be totally beyond reach or they wouldn't sell any. As I was digging through, also noticed they are bringing it out for swine market -- I'm wondering if that might have been the primary focus and they are trying to see if they can generate a poultry market?

Does anyone have any info on actual cost? (Still waiting for vet's supplier to figure it out -- good grief, you'd think they were in business to SELL things, right?)

Last time I bought Safeguard for goats I bought the gallon size from my vet. It was much cheaper than at the farm store. Good thing it has a long shelf life, I probably have a lifetime supply since I am now doing my own fecal exams and am not using as much of it. I have no intentions of doing anything differently so I won't be looking for any of the AquaSol.

Last time I bought Safeguard for goats I bought the gallon size from my vet. It was much cheaper than at the farm store. Good thing it has a long shelf life, I probably have a lifetime supply since I am now doing my own fecal exams and am not using as much of it. I have no intentions of doing anything differently so I won't be looking for any of the AquaSol.

Maybe you could buy some goats?
bun.gif

Interesting idea.. I wonder if I can get some through my vet. She sees horses and other livestock so I'm wondering if I can get some cheaper through her ..

Quote:
Thanks, @casportpony , I think this is definitely worth considering. I like the idea of rotating wormers, and this Wormout Gel contains praziquantel and oxfendazole, rather than fenbendazole. As treacherous as worms are, I can't help but think that resistance to fenbendazole will show up sooner or later, since it is now so widely used.

Looks like Wormout Gel is not cheap either. I found it here:

http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/index.htm

The site is a little hard to navigate -- when I did a search onsite, I found 3 different sizes, but when I tried the menu, I could only find one size
he.gif
Anyway, they are selling Wormout Gel 100 ml for around $21, and a liter for $115.95, ouch! The 100 ml size will only treat about 2 gallons of water at the 47 ml/gallon rate.

I also found it here:

http://www.allbirdproducts.com/newproductpages/worm_out.html

where the price is similar -- about $20 for the 100 ml size.

I didn't try to figure out shipping.

Still waiting to hear pricing on Aquasol
caf.gif

A liter of Wormout Gel is about the same price as a liter of Safeguard. One thing I need to do is to find some info on the wormers in it. Lots of info on Praziquantel, and I'm pretty sure the dose is in the 10 mg/kg range, not sure about the other drug.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom