Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Do you get apricots most years?

I suppose you'll get more asparagus popping up yet. It's hard to be young spears of asparagus.

Are you growing bell peppers or some other kind? When we had our big garden in FL, we had all sorts of peppers because they grew so well for us. Tomatoes, not so much
sad.png
but we'd have pepper coming out of our ears before summer was over.

These are young trees and no I have never had any apricots on them yet. I get so much asparagus that I have to give it away.

I grow King Arthur bell peppers which are an absolutely wonderful short season pepper. It is actually getting too hot for them in the greenhouse but still months away from being able to go into the garden.

The Gold Nugget tomato is the only one that I have found that likes hot temperatures. Short season tomatoes do well here.

@R2elk
Hi Bob!

Just wanted to let you know we made it home and the chicks are settled in their brooder. Thank you so much for everything, the chicks are awesome, the cookbook and the special honey. It was fun seeing your place, the turkeys, chickens, guineas, the greenhouse and everything.

The brooder is right next to my desk so I'll be able to keep a close eye on how they're doing. They cheeped and pecked at the box all the way home and once I showed them around their brooder, they settled right down to sleep. That was quite a busy day for them, lol.

Again, thank you so much!

It must be spring the Cherry trees have started to bloom.

Nanking Cherry blossoms

Beautiful photo Bob! The black background really sets off the blossoms
thumbsup.gif

eta: Bob, the chicks are doing great, I'm really enjoying them!

Last edited:
i need to get some cherry trees, my bees would love them, just ordered 30 more chicks, 10 meat, 5 australorp, 8 RIW, 7 silver wyndotte

How many chickens will you have altogether in your flock?

38 in total, or 48 if you count the meat birds for a couple months, its enough, however I cant keep up with the demand for eggs.

That's a nice size flock. And it's great you have lots of egg customers.

I know my girls are just littles but I'm already looking forward to seeing their first eggs
big_smile.png

Toka Plum blossoms

I have heard this fellow singing for the past few days but didn't see him until this morning. They have a very distinctive song. He is a little early because they usually show up in large groups and with the females. Their arrival is also the same time as the female Red-winged Blackbirds. The male Red-winged Blackbirds have been here for about a month and singing their hearts out without any girls to hear them.

Yellow-headed Blackbird

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom