Yes, I talk to my chickens....

If you don't talk to them, how would they ever learn their names? All my chickens know their names because I use their names constantly when I'm holding them.

I'm really sorry for the loss of your flock, though. Glad your rooster is still with you.

I'm so sorry about your flock.
sad.png
How sad...

I talk to my chickens all the time, too--most of mine know their names.

I'm sorry to hear your neighbor's mutt killed your chickies.
sad.png
I hate dogs that kill chickens.
somad.gif

I always talk to my chickies and call them by name. I tell them everything and they even know all the 'NICE' words.
big_smile.png
Oh, and I always thank them for laying eggs and am always telling the roos to leave my hens alone.
big_smile.png

There is nothing, i repeat, NOTHING wrong with talking to your chickens. i doo it all the time. they talk back to me too. sure i dont really know what they are saying, but when i ask them all to lay eggs, i imagine they are saying "oh, yes we will!" lol

I talk to mine too! Of coarse my children make fun of me and accuse me of loving the chickens more than them. But does that stop me? Noooo! I just give them a chore to do, send them away and continue with the chicken baby talk. My chicks love it. ( My girls love them too but just like to make fun of me)
lol.png

First - I am sorry for your loss. I don't know what I would do if my chickens were massacred. I talk to my chickens all the time. I always say 'hi bok bok's'. For some reason, in my head their clucks sound like 'bok bok bok' to me. So I call them bok bok's. I have 26 and almost every one has an individual name. My favorite is Fuzzy. She is my only silky and she is pretty cute. She always looks at me like I'm crazy when I talk to her. I think it is the funniest thing.

Awww, I'm sorry about your flock, thank God you still have some left. Bad owners+bad dog= dead chickens alot of times.

Yup, I'm a chicken talker, and singer. I have even used different voices at different chickens! Of course all the chicks just get baby talk, but I really do talk to my flock, as a whole 'Go to bed everyone' and 'Boy, Ginger, you sure love those meal worms, dont you?"

My husband tells people he's now married to 'That crazy chicken lady every town has'

Humph- he can call all the names he wants, he sure likes the eggs my happy, talked to hens give !!
wink.png

Looks like you've already found your support group, BYC! I talk to my chickens all the time, half the time its along the lines of..."Girls, mamma told you not to kick all the mulch out of the flower beds" or "Seriously? I made you warm oatmeal with a side of mealworms this morning and you're not going to give me a single egg today?"

How could you not talk to them? And they do totally talk back; not sure if they're having the same conversation we think we are (their response is probably "Yeah yeah, lady, make with the scratch!") but it's fun all the same. And I think all creatures know when they're being loved, even if they can't understand the details.

Back
Top Bottom