Your non-bird pets?

GibblyGiblets

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 18, 2011
At the urging of my son, "ask em bout their pets daddy!, i wanna see what pets they gots!"

I figure I will tell you a bit about our beloved fur-pests and you can tell about yours, if you like
tongue.png

DOGS:5
Frank: pure-breed pittbull terrier, 12 years old on November, he is black with a small white star shape on his chest, the first dog my ex wife and I purchased, but I cannot dare be rid of him now, he would go insane.

Shasha:pure-breed Rottweiler, 4 years old in december, she was an animal shelter dog on her way to the gas chamber the day we came in looking for another dog, we adopted her on the spot, more so feeling badly for her than anything, not knowing she had food and cat issues, which she still does, but we work around them.

Brant:pure-breed(tailed) Rottweiler, when I put my request to be on the waiting list for him, I requested that his tail NOT be removed, the breeder made me pay an extra 100$,the price the vet charges for a de-tailing, which I did, he is two years old last month, he is a very food motivated dog, will do anything for it.

Caddy and Willy: our newest two dogs, we adopted them both as young pups in march, they supposed to be shepard mixtures of some sort, they are both identical cocoa colored-brown with with grayish/black stripes down their backs, they are about a year old, brother and sister.

CATS: for sanity sake I will only tell about the adults who are permanent,12
Wilson: 6 year old silver/gray tabby moggie, yellow eyes, he is a fat lump of lazy, we got him as a small kitten.

Budda: 5 year old orange tabby moggie, amber colored eyes, he is skiddish, being a wild cat when we captured him 2 years ago, he lived in our spare room for some time, before one day he walked out, lept onto the couch and planted himself onto my wifes lap, he has been the sweetest cat ever since, though he doesn't like strangers.

Slim: orange and white siamese x moggie mixed cat, his mother is Momma, he is un-altered outdoor farm tom, he is very sweet and just over two years old, he likes to chase the man-persons down the driveway until they give him pets.

Patches: Slims older cousin, his mother is Fawn, his is a long coated white tomcat with a black tail, and a black "cap" on his head, green eyes, he is 3 years old, he is skiddish being raised wild until we finally got him captured at 8 months old, brought him inside for a few weeks, to tame him up, he isn't a cuddle cat, but he sticks around.

Popcorn:1 year old brownish tabby female, named "popcorn" because when she is traveling faster than a walk, she likes to "pop" as she goes along.

Sailor: 1 year old tortoise-shell cat, green eyes, no real reason for her name.

Bindi: 1 1/2 year old tortoise-shell cat, yellow eyes, named for Steve Irwins daughter.

Myka: 2 year old silver/grey and white tabby cat, green eyes, very friendly, has been nearly run over on ,many occasions for running out infront of our vehicles.

Ginger: 3 year old black and white cat, odd-eyes, one green one yellow, the wildest of our outdoor cats.

Momma:5 year old calico cat, appears to have some siamese in her, light green eyes.

Wren: 4 year old orange tabby female, had an accident when she was small and so only has one eye, surprisingly a very good hunter.

Fawn: the youngest of our "permanent" cats so far, just turned 11 months old, black and white, Ginger is her mother, also has odd eyes, one amber one green.

the rest are kittens, which have no names, the youngest of which are three 5 week olds belonging to Bindi, the rest are in-between 3 and 4 months old.

I have many more to list, but I must put the children to bed now.

Last edited:
Well, other than chickens(20), my pets are:

2 mini zebu: Lil Swiss Frank & Lil Pearlie Mae--they are 1 yr & almost 1 yr, respectively. Both were bottle babies, are lead trained & know their names. They will not reach any higher than my waist when full grown, being measured right behind their hump.

8 goats: Mama, Billy (wethered), Baby Girl (the last 2 are Mama's pygmy babies), Bucky & Timmy 2 (Mama's 1/2 pygmy, 1/2 nigerian dwarf twin bucklings); Frostie (another pygmy) & her (1/2 pygmy, 1/2 nigerian dwarf) doeling Itty Bitty; Mae Belle, my Alpine/Toggenburg bottle baby dairy goat. All of them are friendly, bottle-fed or not.

1 cat, Smoki, who stays in the house & is fixed. She is a 2 yr old gray cat that I've had since she was 3 wks old. She is very spastic, jumps at noises or even just walking by her will cause her to jump & run...she's very lovable though & always makes me laugh.

2 dogs: Precious is a terrier mix, looks like a mini schnauzer. She's about 6 yrs old & I've had her for about 3 yrs. Raven is my 5 month old black lab/rottie & I've had her about a month. both were adopted from Animal Control (the pound), so they are both fixed. They are also great dogs & very smart. Whomever decided they didn't want either, definitely lost on the deal!

I also have numerous ball pythons, all with names & various ages...I won't list them because there are so many...like 35...they are an investment that I did not get the chance to breed before the economy took a nose-dive. The good thing about snakes is that they require little care, make no noise & are truly interesting creatures.

Last edited:
Other than the 12 chickens:

Fish pond with 41 Comets and 2 Koi
3 cats:
Diego-neutered male barn cat
Butch - neutered male barn cat
Jasmine-fixed female indoor/outdoor cat
1 Goat - 200 lb Alpine wether named "Bullitt"
Rabbits:
We raise and show 14 different breeds. My son's favs are his Dutch and Brits and I am enjoying the Dutch, Flemish Giants and Holland lops. We also have, Netherland dwarfs, Thriantas, Himalayans, Mini Rex, Mini Lops, English Lops, Jersey Woolies, Mini Satins, Harlequins and Beverens.
I still have one of my first grand Champion Dutch. He will be 9 yrs old in Nov. "Gilderoy Lockhart" from our Harry Potter named batch!

Lynne
bun.gif

3 horses, all exrace horses, running thorough breeds (Pee-Wee, Tango, and "Horse")
3 cats Milo, Milly (mildew is her long name XD she has fur the color of mold
lol.png
) and Hector
1 Dog........with the most original name EVER...... MAX
cool.png

I have...

Zoey- A Border Collie mix. She is one and 1/2 years old and I got her from a local firefighter who rescued them from his friend. His friend couldn't give Zoey and her littermates the proper care. She is my little side kick now.
84433_102_2018.jpg

Penny- She is a 2 year old hound mix. I got her from a shelter.
84433_102_1976.jpg

And thats it. Along with 6 chickens.
smile.png

of my own:

Ruby, 4 yr old powderpuff chinese crested
jasper, 2 1/2 yr old hairless chinese crested
Tempi, 1 1/2 yr old domestic shorthaired black cat
Willow, 6 month old domestic longhaired tortoisheshell cat
Jack Jack, a little over 1 yr old severe macaw
Cricket, 4yr old green linneolated parakeet
lokie, 2yr old slate linneolated parakeet
gigantor, unknown age 10" blood parrot cichlid