Your non-bird pets?

Whoa... I don't have, like, ANY non-feathered pets!
lol.png

Well, besides my chooks, parakeets, and cockatiels, we have:

One Lhasa Apso puppy.
love.gif
She's only about 3 months. -Luna
54265_luna_020.jpg
This is kinda old, and bad quality, but it's cute.
tongue.png

One Australian Shepherd. He's about 8, but he still is more energetic than the puppy at most times, who's bouncing off the walls.
ep.gif
-Sparky
tongue.png

54265_photo1-1.jpg
Same thing about bad quality.
sad.png
Sorry!
tongue.png

One painted turtle, named Louie.
tongue.png
He's adorable, and tiny!
No pictures, sadly.
hmm.png
I should probably get one of him.
lol.png

And I lease two mares, both QHs.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

54265_bugsy.jpg
The one in the middle is Bo, and the one on the right is Bugsy.
tongue.png
Bugs, of course, has her winter coat in this picture, so you can't see how gorgeous her summer one is...
droolin.gif
Both of them are just sweethearts!

Koda - 7 year old Corgi mix (dog)
Chloe - 4 year old Miniature Poodle (dog)
Lilly-Ru - Kitten (7 months) she's a calico (long haired)
Dexter - 2 year old cat - tabby/Maine Coon
Angel - 7 year old tortishell cat

I also have 6 chickens - going to get four more - so ten
smile.png

I have a 5lb Chihuahua named Lola Bella who rules the roost! Then I have a 75lb pointer mix named Stella Luna who thinks she's a lap dog.
big_smile.png
. Both are rescues and awesome dogs. I also have an 11 year old daughter.....does that count?? Lol.

I'd love to have more, but space and time prohibit it.
sad.png
. I'm looking for a place with more land so I can have chickens too....until then I'll just sit back and enjoy reading everyone else's chicken escapades on here! So keep the posts coming!

We have a bearded dragon, 2 birds (cockatiel & parakeet).

1 Golden Retriever, Sadie, 20 months old.
1 Miniature Pinscher, Roxy, 7 years old.
1 Calcio Cat, Sassy, she showed up in 2005 a couple days after our Golden Retriever, Heidi passed away. She's probably around 7 now. She was pregnant when she came.
1 Calcio Cat, Chloe, Sassy's baby. She's about 6 now.
1 Diluted calico cat, Tippy. A failed foster.
lol.png
She's 3 now. Her mom & 4 siblings were on death row down in Brooklyn. The cat rescue asked if we could take them in. I guess they were all schedualed to be put down the next morning. Her mom was sick and not making enough milk so I had to bottle feed all the babies. Tippy ended up getting pneumonia and almost died at a week old.

17573c9b.jpg
IMG_1156.jpg
IMG_1385.jpg
f1778b2b.jpg
430b52a5.jpg
August2008059.jpg
10-25-2008010.jpg
P1160011.jpg
P1020010.jpg
DSC02738.jpg

Horses:

Sprite- Palimino Connemara X Thoroughbred Cross. Events at Preliminary lvl, is an amazing jumper for her diminutive size. (14.2hh). Lots of fun, although high energy. Homebred- had her her entire life. 8 yrs, mare.

Google- Bay 14.2hh Welsh Cob (?). Nervous boy, especially with strangers. Head shy- think he was abused-- his last owners got him from New Holland, which is basically a last-chance-before slaughter sale. Just got him this spring, eventing him Novice. 9ish, gelding.

Footloose-- 13 yr old black thoroughbred gelding. Got him almost 2 years ago. He had an injured tendon but before had done big jumpers. He is very hyper and nervouss, but we are back to riding him flat. He is doing well.

Ankhe Pass- 7 yr old Dark Bay Thoroughbred gelding. We rescued him from being put down after he colicked, and paid for colic surgery. Then we owned him. Currently he is in training with someone else trying to sell him to a good home, as he is huge, and we can't really ride him.

Leading Vow- 5 yr old thoroughbred gelding, Dark Bay, off the track. Had a quarter crack that has been abscessing for a year. He is 17.2 hh and when he heals ( another year) we are giving him to someone who loves him.
smile.png

Nifty Neil- 16 yr old chestnut Thoroughbred who we rescued. After 5 years in the field he is sound again, and looking for the right home.

Silver- 20 yr old welsh mountain pony. Here to stay until he dies. :
smile.png

Fred- 40 something year old shetland pony. Here to stay until he dies, very grumpy.

Perfect Puzzle- Paint dutch warmblood filly we bred, 2 years old. Had a very rough start, and is now lame because of it. However, she is the sweetest young horse I have EVER met, adn very smart.

Dogs-

Rosie- will be 5 in feb. Scottish terrier, black brindled. The sassiest, stubbornest little dog you will ever meet. She is hilarious though, and willfull. She is also very sweet and cuddly- when she wants to be. Bought from a breeder.

Mr.Sim- Pembroke Welsh Corgi, 3 this month. Tricolored, and very handsome. He isnt neutered yet. He loves eveeryone and is very loyal adn smart. Gift from a friend.

Cats

Blossom- evil little light calico cat. 4 yrs old. Indoor/outdoor

Oliver- My sweetie pie cat. Light orange tabby cat, he is neutered. He came to us by riding on the spare wheel of our car to our house.indoor/outdoor.

Screech- Rescued- someone dumped her wormy, pregnant, too-tight collar, and skin- diseased. BArn cat.

Shadow- black outdoor barn cat. Skittish.

2 tanks of fish.

hopefully I havent forgotten anyone.
smile.png

We have two inside dogs.

Pepper and Minx aka...Lil bitty

They are both Yorkies, and part of our family. Pepper is a beautiful silver color, and Minx was born with a dominant blue jean (she's hairless except around the edges of her body)

Could not even begin to name all the past pets or types...we just lost (died) my daughters canary. (It got loose and flew into a mirror)
My son is begging for a fish...so soon the parsonage will boast a guppie. I can tell you also, my daughter has been begging for a potbelly pig....don't think so, but hey....you never know!
wink.png

Last edited:
Dog: 1~ Standard poodle, 10 years old. Got her when she was a puppy: Phoebe :] She's a stubborn old country gal!
91615_035.jpg

Cats: 2~ Tabby girls. Both are one year old! Bug and cricket: sisters I got off craigslist when they were kittens.
Bug
91615_047.jpg

Cricket
91615_030.jpg

Ducks: 7~ 1 blue runner girl, 3 buff girls, 2 Blue swedish girls and 1 blue Swedish boy.
91615_june_9_2011_027.jpg

left-right sophie, spock, calsifer, howl (above)
91615_014.jpg

Left-right Ino, Sakura, and hinata (above)
All of them
91615_304.jpg

I'm getting 5 or 6 chickens soon too! I'll post pics when I get them!

Back
Top Bottom