I needed a new coop for my son's 4H Barred Rock Bantams
I looked at some ideas from BYC and went to work.
I decided to recycle the poor lonely Little Tykes playhouse whose only job for the last several years was used to store balls and yard toys.
The hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry on the frame. Easy Peasy.
I made a frame from some 2x4's. I painted the frame using leftover stain that I had from the leghorn coop. I strapped the house to the frame, added some wire cloth. I made a hinged access door on the yard with some left over chicken wire. I had to replace the door to the playhouse because the old plastic half door was broken and could not be used as a secure door.
I cut a hen hole and cannibalized the old yellow 1/2 door to fill in the hollow wall. I ran two bolts with wing nuts through the existing table support for removable nesting boxes. I will add roosts later on.
This should be a good way to keep the new chickens clean and safe until County Fair time in August, then I can integrate them into the big coop for the winter.
Out of the Brooder
And into the Bantymobile - Hooray!