An old south facing horse start in my bar I turned into a chicken coop.
Adding dirt to the horse stall to raise it up 6". The barn flooded during the "1000 year" flood we had here in Houston.
Started adding the structured walls around the coop. Also preparing to put a deck/ceiling on top for storage.
Framing up the outside south wall on 24" centers to put up hardware cloth.
Installed the hardware cloth and made a door frame for the chickens.
All trimmed out with fencing pickets. We added some at the bottom to keep the strong south wind from blowing the shavings around.
Current roost bar installed on 12" centers away from each other. You can see the ceiling/deck almost finished in this picture as well. Each roost is 12' long.
The 9 nest boxes I built. Filled them with wood chips and Easter eggs and the chickens took right took them instantly, before the coop was even ready for them!
Framed up the door and built it with some cedar picket fences. Came out way better then I hoped.