I'm so proud of myself for finally finishing my chicken coop. Today I moved out my 3 1/2 week old Australorps in to the brooder in the coop. I admit I did take a lot of time in the planning and designing of it and make it a safe as possible for my flock. The one thing I did decide not to do it having an outside opening to collect the eggs. I have a lot of predators here - mink, racoons, bears and cougars and it just seemed safer for me to go inside to collect the eggs, rather than another opening they could work on.
I'm also happy I was able to repurpose a lot of lumber etc. I had around the yard. On the inside walls, I used older plywood and poly to keep the main framing clear of poop and moisture to prevent rotting. I also put a 2x4 along the top of the plywood to prevent the chickens got caught between the walls - especially the younger birds.
The doors were made out of old cedar fence boards and pallets - then stained. The venting is on both sides of the barn and is controlled via rope and pulley and will allow for excellent airflow/ventilation in the barn.
Here are some pictures of my lil coop.