The birds wanted to roost in the nesting boxes so I added a slanted board to the top.
It didn't work. They just crawled under it to get back to the nests.
So I fixed it. I made a new Nest for them. (Good thing I bought 6 of these baskets.)
Put boards around them so the chickens don't kick the bedding out.
Slid them under the old nest.
And turned the old nesting area into another roost.
It works better now.
And I still have room for my feeders.
I plan to build another nesting area under the old roost. But I have my booder under there at the moment.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!