Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassaundra

Sonic screwdrivers are cool!
12 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Henryetta
Crochet Granny "Square" Swap ~

Theme: The colors of autumn. Any variation of the grandeur of fall, yellow, golds, reds, oranges, greens, purples, browns. Whatever speaks to your heart and says a crisp fall day.

Important info: One color has been chosen to tie all the blocks together it is Red Hearts with Love brand in the color chocolate. This yarn has a rich brown color that should work w/ all the fall colors and has a great feel, and should be easy for even the most rural of us to get, and not hard on the pocketbook. You can use any fall color, any number of colors through the body of the block, but the final round must be in the Chocolate color, you can use more of the chocolate then just the final round if you like, that is just the minimum it must be used for. Pick your favorite(s) colors then go on-line to your favorite pattern site (I like this site http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com but there are lots of sites out there), pick a pattern or two (or more) and start crocheting! Don't forget to check in with us once you sign up to let us know how you're doing.
smile.png

Size: 12" squares (12"x12")
Pattern: Any Pattern (As long as the finished squares measure 12")

Yarn: Acrylic worsted weight (4)
Colors: Any fall toned color plus the final round in Red Hearts with love, chocolate

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap!

Dates: LAST DAY to sign up is Monday Oct 15th, 2012

Completion Deadline: Nov 30, 2012 ~ All Squares must be complete and ready to mail!!! When finished pm me and I will pm back my address.

When packaging your blocks make sure to include return postage. Send them in the most economical way no need for expensive priority mail. Include the full number of blocks for the number of swappers we end w/, I will divide them and make sure everyone gets blocks from everyone else. Also be sure and bag each block separately in it's own plastic baggie for easy separation and to protect them from the potential perils of the USPS.

(yes, I did plagiarize part of this, thanks
hide.gif
hope you don't mind)

List of the crocheters for this swap

1) Kassaundra
2) bhazell123
3) Sebocat
4) BtownChickMom
5) Rancher hicks
6) MaineGigi
7) Bleenie
8) Judy (not on BYC my MIL)
9) Aletha
10) Kreativekat
11) Smkchick
12) Cheeky Chick
13) WriterofWords
14) Jessica
15) EastTNchick

Last edited:
Sign me up =) Thesewill go well with myones from the last swap I did,think it was also Fall theme.

I'mparticipating in the ornament swap but already started on them so I should have plenty of time for this!

Sign me up =) Thesewill go well with myones from the last swap I did,think it was also Fall theme.

I'mparticipating in the ornament swap but already started on them so I should have plenty of time for this!
Done and welcome aboard!

I have two squares to complete for the other swap, then will go through my yarn stash (lots of fun) and put aside everything I can use for this one. I know I have something called "autumn red" and it would be silly not to use it here!

Rancher-Didn't you say orange is your favorite color and you like to make red roses? It sounds like this one is made to order.

I have two squares to complete for the other swap, then will go through my yarn stash (lots of fun) and put aside everything I can use for this one. I know I have something called "autumn red" and it would be silly not to use it here!

Rancher-Didn't you say orange is your favorite color and you like to make red roses? It sounds like this one is made to order.

I can't believe you remembered.
hugs.gif
I have about twelve skeins still in the plastic from long before I got married. Sayelle, I bought at K-mart. You should have been there that day. Women going crazy fighting over yarn. Carts full, yarn still in the plastic bags it came in before they put it on the shelf.

But I think I'll use this as an excuse to buy more yarn.
big_smile.png

Oh this is gonna be fun! I'm going to go thru my stash for this also, but I just bought a new color called chili something or other by RH and its my fav for right now. It will work perfectly! Thank you Kassaundra for hosting this!
Cathy

Oh this is gonna be fun! I'm going to go thru my stash for this also, but I just bought a new color called chili something or other by RH and its my fav for right now. It will work perfectly! Thank you Kassaundra for hosting this!
Cathy
I saw that color today too, it is varagated reds, oranges, and some purples, I was tempted by that one too.

Your welcome, I'm looking forward to this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom