Basic White Bread & Sweet White Bread(pg. 2)

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
per The Chicken Lady's request, i am posting my white bread recipe here for easy locating!

so have at it, peeps! if you have questions or need help, shoot me a PM and i'll see if i can answer or help.

Basic White Bread (makes 3 loaves)

3 C warm water (if using fast acting yeast, use room temp instead)
3 TBLS active dry yeast (2.25 TBLS if using fast acting yeast)
3 tsp salt
4 TBLS veggie oil
1/2 to 3/4 C white sugar (depending on what you are making with dough)
8 C AP flour

Directions for ACTIVE DRY YEAST:
1. In large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, oil, sugar and 4 C of the flour.
Mix and let proof for 15 minutes in a warm place. It should be bubbly and smell yeasty. (If you turn your oven to 170 degrees and count to 20 then turn off, then turn on oven light, it is the perfect temp to proof and raise!)

2. Add salt then gradually stir in the remaining 4 cups of flour ONE CUP AT A TIME. (depending on the humidity where you are, it may flex by a cup more or less.) Kneed on floured surface until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Place dough into oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat. Cover w/plastic wrap or a tea towel. Let rise in warm spot for 1 hr. or until doubled in size. (see note above regarding warm oven.)

3. Punch dough down. Let it 'rest' a few moments. Divide into 3 equal parts by cutting straight through the dough. (if you kneed it or tear it apart, the strands of gluten just get all ruined!) Shape into loaves and place in well buttered loaf pan. Cover w/buttered plastic wrap. Let rise 30 minutes in warm place, or until the loaves are 1" above loaf pan.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (NOT WHILE THE DOUGH IS IN THERE RISING!) and bake loaves for 30 minutes or golden brown. Turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.

Variations: Use this dough for rolls, cinnamon buns or bread sticks etc.

enjoy!

Last edited:
I cheat....I use a breadmaker. Just add ingredients and walk away.

My ingredients list look different, but I'm gonna try yours next time I make bread.

Love the smell of fresh bread.....and everyone wants the heel.

Yuuuum. Bread is SO my favorite food in the world. With butter!
droolin.gif

Hello everyone... my name is Lacy and I'm a carb-o-holic.

hit.gif

(PS - Avandrie has nothing to do with my real name.
smile.png
)

Quote:
my oldest daughter will beat you down if you try to get the heel from her!
lol.png

Not if I can smuggle it away from her first! I LOVE the crust on almost everything bread. My DD lets me pull the crusts off of her sandwiches, I love the top and bottom parts of biscuits, I love pie crusts, and when I make banana bread I almost always snag both heels and beg for the underside off the bread.

I think I have a serious carb problem. Actually I heard this morning on the radio that carbs are as addictive as nicotine to smokers. I believe it.

Another thought... it sure is a mystery to me on why I can't seem to lose weight!

Quote:
my oldest daughter will beat you down if you try to get the heel from her!
lol.png

Not if I can smuggle it away from her first! I LOVE the crust on almost everything bread. My DD lets me pull the crusts off of her sandwiches, I love the top and bottom parts of biscuits, I love pie crusts, and when I make banana bread I almost always snag both heels and beg for the underside off the bread.

I think I have a serious carb problem. Actually I heard this morning on the radio that carbs are as addictive as nicotine to smokers. I believe it.

Another thought... it sure is a mystery to me on why I can't seem to lose weight!

well, i sure aren't helping ya, am i! bad me!
lol.png

I think I may try that tomorrow, good basic white bread is a weakness of mine! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom