Easter Eggers ~ Americana ~What Factors =What Colored Eggs~ Post Yours

barg

Songster
12 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Need People With Pink Eggs As Well As Green, Blue and any other color you get, to please post
Remember to post information on your chickens leg color, many of the pics don't show true color

ADDED: Please include information on ear lobe color as well!!!

The Pea Comb plays a part in tinted eggs, or so I’ve read.
In several posts people have talked about this but there hasn’t been a serious look at what other factors might play a role in the egg color.

Post a Pic of your Easter Egger and the color of eggs you get from her.
Try to keep the color as true to reality as possible.
If there are important physical characteristics, not shown in the picture, please list them.

If you can’t post a pic, describe your chickens color, comb type, feet color, beard and any other physical characteristic about the bird, and of course, describe the egg color.

If you already know what factors contribute to egg color, please feel free to post that information, but if your information is unverified, please do not discourage people from seeking the answer within this post
wink.png

It may turn out that it is completely arbitrary; alternately, maybe there is a tidbit of information still to be uncovered.

Thanks for your help
smile.png

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
I have 2 EE's. One started laying yesterday a small light blue egg. looked a bit more greenish after it was in fridge for a few hours. Light turquoise. she has a black hood with pretty brown feathers for the body. Her legs are more green than blue. her comb is very close to her head and she has the cutest muff (looks like a mustache . My other EE is buff colored with bluish green legs and feet. Her comb is close to her head and she has no muff. I'll post her egg color when she lays her first egg, which hopefully won'be too long. Maybe I can find someone who can help me put their pictures on here. It would be really interesting to see each hen with their egg. Thanks.

Quote:
I skimmed through that and don't see any specific information on traits that are associated with egg color, IE linked geneticly.

I have not personally read through all the specifics of Dominant Recessive and Sex linked traits in chickens... yet , but I do have some experience, from breeding bugies, on how traits are passed down.

I know that some traits are linked and, thats what i'm looking for here; A specific trait that's passed on together with the egg color trait.

That is a cool site and a great reference for chicken color and genetics.
Thanks for the info.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
well I dont have a camera, but I have one EE that is the color of a Blue Wheaton, she lays lite blueish green eggs oh and she has yellow legs. I have another one that is Dark body and hood with Gold outlining the neck feathers she lays a pink egg she has slate legs

Can't you just smell the science happening here
lol.png

Thanks for the responces so far, too bad you couldn't provide pictures, Now that ive heard the descriptions ide really love to see them, they sound pretty
smile.png

Quote:
I use my own webspace that I get from my isp, one of these days i'll need to figure out how to use Photo bucket because i'm going to eventually run out of space.

Last edited:
Not much help with colorful egg genetics, but here is my EE girl Circe:

Circe.jpg

She lays a plain brown egg.
hmm.png
To be fair her mother was a RIR, but papa was an EE from a hatchery. Here he is, if it helps.

Val.jpg

Yes, sorry if I confused anyone, the point is to see All color of eggs that your EE Americana lays, and then the bird that goes with it.

I'm looking for any connection in all the colors they lay so we will need as much information, from a wide range of people, to be able to get any real results.

It’s great that you added information on the lineage of your chicken as well

Nice looking bird btw,
Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
No, Easter eggers are mutts that have had some blue/green egg factor in their ancestry somewhere.
They are not a true breed.

Mine lay pink/tan eggs. They both have beards and muffs. They both have pea combs. But they have the green/willow legs. Guess what they were sold as? Ameraucanas.
roll.png

100_2294small.jpg

Here are my girls.
I have two new girls. Hopefully they will lay green eggs. they both have muffs beards and green legs, also. They were from Ideal, sold as Ameraucanas as well.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom