Sandyki

Chirping
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Minnesota
Melinda's Easy Excellent Chicken from CLHPsharky

1 - Whole dressed chicken.
1 - 16oz. Bottle of Italian Dressing

Dress and clean the bird. Place the bird in a crock pot. Shake the bottle of Italian Dressing well and pour in the the crock pot over and around the bird. Set on low for about 8 hours. This works well to start in the morning and it will be ready when you get home from work.

This will be the juciest best flavored bird you have ever eaten. The only difficult thing is getting the bird out of the crock pot because it is so tender.

On a side note I have taken some of the juice in the pot after cooking and used it as a base for gravy. Yummm....

I'm trying this Saturday! I like easy recipes with little ingredients. I love italian dressing. Use it alot for marinades. It is really good to marinate shrimp in it and then grill the shrimp. It is the best. I'll let ya know how the family does with this!

I know this is a VERY old thread, but I just found this recipe and I am cooking it up right now using an 18week old rooster.

I ate mine today for lunch and im about to go heat it up again for dinner for the family. It was really good. I put it over jasmine rice with a little salt and pepper. Yum. Very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom