Colored Sebastopal Geese - New Photos

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
A lovely member offered me 4 colored sebbie eggs. How could I resist?

She sent them well packaged and all 4 were in excellent shape on their trip to my house.

I let them sit on the counter overnight then put them in my new Dickey 'Bator.

Day 1 - 4 I did not touch a thing. Temps hovering at 99.3 - 99.7. Humidity at 58% I have had to do a little work to get the humidity to rise up where I prefer it at 65% for goose eggs.

Day 5 - I took the tray out and let the eggs cool for 15 min on my counter. They were given a spray of warm water to help simulate a wet mother goose coming from a swim and setting her nest.

Day 6- 9 has been the same.

Day 10 - today! I candled them.

Here are the results-

coloredsebs.jpg

gos1.jpg

gos2.jpg

gos3.jpg

gos4.jpg

w00t!

I use a Surefire flashlight to candle with. It is theG2 model with upgraded LED light and rechargable battery.

Thank you. I tend to candle the goose eggs every day as hey have to come out to ool down and they are just sitting thee so still and quiet on my countertop. LOL

I pull the rack out and set it on the counter top for 15 minutes each evening. I spray the eggs with warm water. By the time they go back in the bator the water has evaporated and they are bone dry.

I put my camera on a tripod and turn off the flash. I get everything in focus and ready then turn off the lights. Sometimes it takes the camera 20 seconds or more to find the image and actually click the shutter so you have to be patient.

Very cool pics!
What color are they?

Well, I was all excited about checking out your flashlight
but then saw the price tag!
Gulp!
tongue.png

Guess I'll stick to my Sears LED.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom