Recent Posts - Set to 1 hour (instead of 24)

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
The "Recent Posts" link use to show 24 hours. This resulted in 19 - 23 pages of "Recent" posts
roll.png
and we doubt anybody ever went through all 19 pages.
tongue.png

We're going to see how it performs with a setting of only 1 hour. This means about 3 pages of "Recent Posts" during busy times and maybe just one page during slow periods.

Let us know if you have any problems / feedback.

Hope so. There aren't really any huge improvements we can make, but every little bit helps.

For example: We found something on the homepage of BYC that was a tiny bit inefficient. Not really a huge deal... that is until you realize that at peak times of the site usage that page can be reloaded 30 times a minute (imagine hitting refresh every 2 seconds)!!!

The "recent posts" page is about the same, but sometimes it can get loaded up / viewed 1 time every second!

So, yeah, we're hoping it will help.
big_smile.png

Sounds like a great idea! Sometimes, just to continue my reputation as "contrary", I will go to the oldest posts and look around. And look at the zero answers, to see if I have an answer or at least a "hello, you aren't forgotten".

Any chance we can get a button to show all posts from the last 24 hours?
Maybe I'm the odd duck, but I can only get on in the evening after work so I always click recent posts instead of going through every section to make sure I'm caught up. Some times I only make it to page 19 but some nights I'd get all 32!

Quote:
I agree with this. I was gone for a few hours this evening and when I got back on, all the posts were gone except for the most recent ones. I was bummed!

Last edited:
You can still hit the Show new posts since last visit and it give you everything since your last visit, come back from not visiting for a couple days to 100+ pages.
barnie.gif

Quote:
I agree with this. I was gone for a few hours this evening and when I got back on, all the posts were gone except for the most recent ones. I was bummed!

Same here...., plus I like to continue reading where I stopped the day before. I know, my fault not to subscribe to posts which are really interesting to follow, but....

Back
Top Bottom