Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
I asked for non-hatching eggs. For to make the beautiful with!

Solsken Farms and Hinkjc sent me beautiful blue eggs. Solsken also sent me some marans eggs.

blueeggs.jpg

I washed the eggs. Blew the eggs. Washed the eggs again. I heat dried them so there wouldn't be any stinky egg smell over time. I used long skewers and a piece of styrofoam to hold them. I decorated them then coated them in glossy mod podge to protect them.

eggs5-1.jpg

Some eggs I left plain as they are beautiful as they are naturally.

eggs6.jpg

I used inexpensive bead and jewerly making supplies to cover the puncture holes. I added pretty cords and ribbons to finish them off.

eggs3-2.jpg

eggs4-2.jpg

Here they are - my 2009 Christmas ornaments for my tree. I add new hand made ornaments every year. I really like these.

eggs2-2.jpg

eggs1-2.jpg

For easter we did similar. We decorated goose eggs. Here they are in a nice glass vase to be protected from little fingers and viewed all year long. To give you an idea of size - the vase is about 11 inches tall.

eggglass.jpg

Repeat after me -

I can make prettier decorations than I can buy.

Yes, you can!

I will have beautiful ornaments to hang on my tree. I will not be lazy.

Chop. Chop. You are burning daylight!

I will take 10 minutes out of my day to do a crafty productive step in decorating and preserving eggs so I don't have to do it all on December 22.

Come on. You have 5 minutes to poke a hole and blow an egg. You have 10 minutes to decorate one. You have 3 minutes to coat one in mod podge. One step at a time.

Yayyy me!

I double dog dare you to decorate your eggs and make beautiful ornaments for your tree and post them here for me to see!
tongue.png
wink.png
big_smile.png

Are you serious??? I don't have time to hand paint filligree!
lau.gif

It is rub ons from the craft store left over from another project.
tongue.png

If I had time to hand paint I would sell them at a craft fair. lol

i am so loving this! i was thinking of something very similar! now i have a more clear idea in my head.

so pretty! thanks for sharing your awesome idea with us!
frow.gif

Those are spectacular!!!! Geez, I bet you could make a boatload of money selling those things.

I would love to try making some of them, could you give us some craftsy lessons?

Just a heads up - most craft stickers will not work on the eggs. Don't waste your money buying them unless they are tiny, uncoated paper stickers. The plastic stuff they are making stickers with now is not flexible enough to bend and stay on the eggs.

Miss_Jayne, show me what you are making. I have some more goose eggs to blow.

BTW - goose eggs need a light sanding to be craft worthy. Something about their outer shell that things don't like to stick to.

Also - dirty stained goose eggs - a little oxyclean made into a paste and a green kitchen scrubber (3M brand) will make them bright white.

Back
Top Bottom