Chicken run- $0. Happy chickens- Priceless

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
I built this run in about an hour to two hours. The chicken wire is what took so long. I used pallets for the lil house and then i used trampoline legs to hold up the run. I dug a hole for the trampoline legs and then buried them. Hope everyone likes my scrap run!!!

04270912301.jpg

The chickens are loving their new run so much that one of the pullets laid their first egg!!!!

wee.gif

That's what I'm talking about,my kinda chicken pen. I always try to make my pens and brooders from free stuff,my chicken love it. Looking good
keep up the good work!!!!
ga.chickenman
big_smile.png

I love it, my coop is made from an old garage door I recycled (free), and my run only cost me about $60

My coop was made with lumber given to me by a neighbor. We had to purchase the chicken wire and staples to fasten the chicken wire to the lumber. I'm not sure exactly how much those cost because my husband bought them while I was at work. But my understanding is that the wire was about $50 and the staples less than $10. I'm happy with it and my girls seem to like it, too.

Bellisamo,
I think your coop and run look great. You did a fantastic job and ou should be proud of your accomplishment. $0 is the way to go!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom