16 Hours!!! CHICKENSTOCK - Berks Co PA 7/18 **photos**

scbatz33

No Vacancy, Belfry Full
11 Years
Jan 23, 2009
South GA
Ok, I know of a feed store that may allow us to have a chickenstock in Lebanon. Who would be willing to travel there?

I'm thinking In June or July.....Date suggestions welcome!!

I have polish, turkens and orpingtons. Plus I make really righteous dump cake!!!
droolin.gif

Who's in????

Last edited:
I'm interested! I won't be able to make it the first two weeks of June though. I work every other weekend, but here are dates that I'm available:

June 20 or 21
July 11 or 12
July 25 or 26

I can bring deviled eggs, scrambled eggs, lemon meringue pie, etc. (Just kidding, my chicks aren't anywhere near laying age!)

Ok, so date ideas... I'm thinking mid-July. That would give time to get everything set and the word out. Opinions???

Quote:
Those turkeys are wonderful...I had a hard time choosing between them and the bourbon reds!

Quote:
I gave in and went BR. I hope they come soon. I think I may have to call the hatchery tomorrow if I don't hear anything....I am not good at waiting!

Quote:
Lebanon is on the east side of Harrisburg. It's a bit of a drive, but you could come camp in our back yard! Heck if I had more parking, we could do it here. I have 4 acres!!!

Dump cake is cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple dumped in a baking dish then completely covered with an unmixed yellow cake mix - just straight out of the box - then covered with pats of butter. You cook it til the butter melts from the top and the juice soaks in from the bottom making this amazing slightly under-done cobbler consistency. You then serve it warm with vanilla ice cream. It's like heaven!!!

Back
Top Bottom