YANC (Yet Another New Coop) with pics

AtholCoop

Songster
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
North Idaho
Cow-Orker of mine saw some pics of the last coop I built and asked if I'd build her one. Naturally I would love to keeps me out of trouble if I've got a project in the shop.

If you're keeping track this is the 4th coop I've either built or had a hand in building in a years time. Think maybe I might have a problem?

Any way.

Pop door and winder with pop door open:

img2028.jpg

Pop door "latch" detail:

img2029b.jpg

Pop door "hinge" is just a screw with a washer bewtixt the door and the wall:

img2030d.jpg

Roof is made up of cedar fence boards eave board is a cedar 2x4 I ripped in half to hide overlap gaps and to allow attachment of eave trim:

img2031d.jpg

Roof build up detail:

img2032d.jpg

Side winder for venilation closed:

img2033.jpg

Side winder for venilation opened:

img2034s.jpg

People door closed:

img2035j.jpg

Interior shot:

img2036.jpg

Kinda hate to get rid of this one, but a deal is a deal.

Quote:
150.00 or so plus or minus what I had laying around already.

Each gable end is a half a sheet, each side is a quarter sheet, the floor is a half a sheet, and each of the roof panels was just over a half a sheet each. So four sheets of OSB, a 16 pack of 1x3x8', 24 5' cedar fence boards, 1 cedar 2x4, hinges, a boat load of screws, and a gallon of snow roof for the inside.

Quote:
150.00 or so plus or minus what I had laying around already.

Each gable end is a half a sheet, each side is a quarter sheet, the floor is a half a sheet, and each of the roof panels was just over a half a sheet each. So four sheets of OSB, a 16 pack of 1x3x8', 24 5' cedar fence boards, 1 cedar 2x4, hinges, a boat load of screws, and a gallon of snow roof for the inside.

Hate to quote myself but I felt I should mention I could probably cut the waste down considerably by shortening the floor panel, and the side panels down from 48" to 44" because it would mean a half sheet per roof panel vs just over half. I considered it, but it would have looked odd and I'm a stickler for proportion.

Back
Top Bottom