Berks county chickenstock - Thanks scbatz!! Pics of new chickies!

19hhbelgian

Pigs DO Fly!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
New Tripoli PA
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, so please move if needed!!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the chickenstock today! It was loads of fun meeting everybody, and Sarah put a great get - together, together! Everybody had nice birds too. Here's pics of my new chickies!

My new Serama & blue Cochin:
27475_dscn0136.jpg

And my new 11 day old silver laced polish chicks!!
27475_dscn0149.jpg

Hey
It was a great day!

Meeting all of you and spending the day out around animals. I loved it!

My son enjoyed himself too, my daughter wished she had came once we told her what was all up.

BTW: lol My husband loves the duck we came home with, Thank you Steve and Christine.
He wants him as a house pet ...lol So now I'm doing some planning .lol
The little chicks are sweet as can be. Sarah I can not wait till theyy grow up as they are going to be Gorgeous! Duncan is keeping them in his room ...lol

SO:
Since I'm going to house them inside for now ...lol
I'm going to go get my other birds. and bring them home. s***w the neighbors ..lol

I do need to re home my Cockerels though. hmm
I'll keep you all updated.

My Duck AFLACK
29962_2009_190.jpg

Last edited:
Holly, post pics of your duckie. I saw him yesterday but he is so cute. I'm so glad you got him first LOL.

Here's a pic of the blue silkie I bought. I named her Trixie.
25643_img_0833.jpg

Can't wait for the spring swap!! Hopefully I'll have lots of silkie chicks to bring and Stina will have some of those call ducks for me to get
smile.png

How's the serama girl doing?!
smile.png
I just double checked the hatch date on the seramas and duck and they hatched March 18th!...so yesterday was actually 4 months for them (although if you by day of the week, today is 16 weeks)! ...I forget what I told everyone but I know it wasn't that.....I didn't say 2 1/2 months did I?....I hope I at least said 3 1/2....
hide.gif
At any rate...they are 4 months! How old is that cochin?....lol

Everyone who wants ducklings send me a pm with the title "duck waiting list" so I can keep track
smile.png
I know I have 3 of you...I think I might have to try to find a couple more hens! lol

...Holly....I know you must be putting diapers on Mr. Aflack there....so...I need pics!

Last edited:
So good to see my babies in their new homes/ with their new friends!

I hope they all work out! It already seems that they enjoy their new "mothers" more than they enjoyed their "father!"

Send me some pics from time to time. I really did like them all, they just didn't fit into my little flock.

See you next time,
Bailey

Send me some pics from time to time. I really did like them all, they just didn't fit into my little flock.

Ditto here! I would love to see update pics on the serama and Aflack! That serama was Steve's favorite but she was also the biggest (not by too much...) and I wanted the smaller birds and to "thin down" a little (b/c 1 chicken is thinning down....lol)...I was going to rehome 2....but couldn't decide on a 2nd one...lol Steve misses that girl...he said I could sell her though!​

haha...well now that he feels like we can successfully sell things....he is prepared to allow more! I want frizzle banty polish to cross with the seramas to try to make teeny frizzle crested chickies! I think he'll let me get more ducks too!...which is awesome b/c he wanted them even less than the chickens to start with...lol

Hey guys, saturday was great. I'm so glad you all came and we can put some faces and real names to the folks we meet here.

Now for my stupidity...The "guy with no shirt" handed me the camera midway through the morning. I thought he had taken photos - he wanted me to take them - since I'm not psychic and he didn't say otherwise, I currently have a fully charged camera with NO photos on it!!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

So, In the spring, someone will HAVE to be the official photographer. And, since Holly and I will be busy mud wrestling, someone else will have to volunteer!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom