A relaxing Sunday morn at the ER - updated post 19 (graphic pics)

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
This morning I got up. I was raring to go! By 10a, I had cleaned the kitchen, started laundry, made yogurt, made pizza dough, and was starting to shread cabbage for sauerkraut when I had an accident.

My hand slipped when I was removing the blade from the food processor and the fleshy pad of my thumb caught the blade. I could see it was bad. I immediately said to DF: "honey, i just cut my thumb and we need to go to urgent care right now."

Man, oh man, I've never seen that man move so quickly! He helped me get dressed, including his attempts to help me put on an upside-down bra (hee hee!).

The urgent care doc glued me up. It was that or 3 stitches. It's pretty numb now and isn't throbbing anymore, thank goodness. It was my first visit to the ER in my life.

The bright side is that DF won't let me do anything for the rest of the day. He finished the sauerkraut and made me lunch.

Last edited:
clap.gif
Way to go Jenn.

sorry to hear about your accident. Now if it were me my DH would have said take it easy today, make something simple for dinner. Around here its OK to get sick or hurt as long as fdhis fdinner is cooked. Years of working in the hospital have ruined him for sympthy.

I hope it heals quickly!
I did that 2 years ago when my can opener wasn't working properly, trying to pry the top off!
smack.gif
It sliced my right thumb across the joint and I got 8 stitches. I wasn't allowed to use it for 10 days! Imagine trying to change a 5-month-old, comb long hair, buttons, etc.!!! It hurt worse the second and third day, than when it first happened, so be prepared to take lots of Tylenol!
BTW: I told MY dh that we needed to go to the ER, and HE tried to tell me I was overreacting!

Once we got in the car, which was parked in the alley, DF gunned it and tore down the pot-hole-ridden road. OMG... my suspension!!! I told him to slow and that I wasn't dying. He freaked out more than I did.

ouch, my little guy (18 months) was rough housing it with his older brother (3) when he cut him self on his big toe, off we went to the hospital, were my little guy ended up with one stitch.....

Back
Top Bottom