Are Chicks just for "Chicks"?

thechickenwhisperer

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 4, 2007
coming to a farm near you...
I have been lurking and reading-LOVE this site! I have some of my own chickens and everything is great.

I'm REALLY wondering: How many men vs women like chickens-or is it BOTH sexes equally?

1. I have been reading several threads that suggest the chickens will be moving in, and or staying, DESPITE what the hubby says
big_smile.png

2. It also seems as if the female gender on site have a chick addiction
wink.png

3. I have read several messages from what seems to be male id's, BUT the overwhelming majority appear to be from ladies
hmm.png

I am a woman.
I love chickens (chicks, hens, and roos-old and young alike).
I also have a chick addiction.

Any men want to step in here and speak for the male species, or is this just a "woman thing"?

There are a bunch of men still haunting the EZ BYC, they will eventually make it over here to say howdy. I think for the most part men just don't spend as much time discussing their chickens on the internet as the women do.

We have Wes, God bless him, who is there in a pinch and helps keep those in a panic on an even keel.

At the poultry shows its pretty evident that men are into raising birds that are awesome and spend quite a bit of time and money to make certain they stay that way.

I'm a man and I can't get enough baby chicks. this year I'm obsessed with chickens usually I raise gamebirds but this year I've caught the chicken diseases plus the gamebirds. so I'm not ashamed to admit.
smile.png

I am a man and I love my chickens and my peeps! (NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE) I dont think as many men sit behind the computer for as long. I spend my fair share behind the pc, but I also spend my time outside with the birds!!!

Back
Top Bottom