question on coup construction ....can you Id this coup?

Well, if I were building it, I'd use 1/2" at least. thinner, and you will have more warpage problems. Besides, I just don't think 1/4 is heavy enough for anything.

I can definitely ID that coop, as it's one of the nicest I've come across. It's a design that is "many years in use in Holland," and was on a website designed by Joke Osinga in 2000. It's since disappeared from there. I've emailed him a couple of times asking him to re-post the information, but haven't received a response. On the bright side, I did have the foresight in 2000 to print ALL the pages of instructions, and I have them still. I've been meaning to scan them to PDF and/or JPG format so I can distribute them to folks who want them, but haven't done it yet. My husband might do it tomorrow morning. Otherwise, it will have to wait until I go back to work where the really good scanner is, probably Wednesday.

FYI, the front, sides and roof are 1/2-inch, waterproof plywood, and the back panel is 3/8-inch waterproof plywood. One of the coolest aspects of this design is the elegance of the nest-box construction. It just lifts out, yet provides a solid, waterproof nesting enclosure with an easy-to-remove lid.

I have heard from some who have built it that it can blow over in a strong wind, so you'll want to keep that in mind and anchor it accordingly.

Darn, I can't see the coop.
sad.png
The Geocities site says that it is unavailable...

Back
Top Bottom