What can I get with this beautiful roo? Cross with what?

kathyinmo

Nothing In Moderation
12 Years
May 14, 2009
(SW MO) Nevada, Missouri
My Coop
My Coop
This is my mutt roo, Obama. I don't really know what he is. The guy I got him from said he was part Silkie. I know, I know .... Well, that's what he said! He came to me with my Silkies, as their hatchmate. Thus, his name ... President of the Silkies! I love his coloring, and the barring. He is so sweet and purdy! What can I cross him with, and what would I get? ETA: I would really like to get more just like him!

31282_oct_16_2009_chicks_silkie_coop_buff_silkies_etc_022.jpg

31282_oct_16_2009_chicks_silkie_coop_buff_silkies_etc_014.jpg

Last edited:
I do have a few Cuckoo Marans hens. Would that keep the barring? What about his blue color. Is that blue? I also have Easter Eggers. Would he make barred Easter Eggers? If over an EE, what kind of comb would it be?

Last edited:
The truth of the matter is, there is no way in the world you will know what you will get, or be able to reproduce his color predictably. Because he's a mutt, his genetic make up is a complete mystery so you don't know what's in there. (If there's silkie in there, I'd say it's diluted pretty well) When you get into the genetics and breeding, that's what's either such a shame, or so much fun, depends on the day.
He is absolutely gorgeous.
droolin.gif

The best you could do with him is show HIM off. Let people drool over him when they come over, let him strut his stuff. I'm not saying you can't let him breed, but don't expect much. I don't think you'll ever get another him.
He is drop dead gorgeous!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom