What can I get with this beautiful roo? Cross with what?

I'm going to do Delaware over a BC marans, mostly because I only have one BC marans pullet this spring. I need more marans, shooting for GCMS eventually. Until then she'll be running with the Delaware horde, though I was considering locking her up in the banty shack and laughing when the father was a sizzle or silkie.

Quote:
With a little????
lau.gif
gig.gif

oh I could just hug him
love.gif

putting over the blue should get you some chicks with the color, blue crele how cool is that!

ok if it was me, I would put him with blue Jersey Giants and BBR Welsummers, then go from there keeping the ones with the color you like in the breeding pen. the BBR red will help you keep the gold, and keep the other colors in place, your boy has the barring, and the blues keep the blue. and you should have a good useing flock too.... breeding is like a drug
droolin.gif
and I dON'T need rehab
wink.png

Quote:
Could that be what he is ... would that make sense? I really like the blue in him, as well as the barring and barring coloration.

Chris ... In that coloration, in the picture, is there any blue? Is there a way to keep the blue coloring? Though, I do love that coloration in the picture!

Beth and WWW, of course ... SDWD

The bird in the Pic. I posted has no Blue in him..

If you would breed your rooster to a Black Breasted Red (Welsummer) hen that should clean up and darken the offspring. Once you get the dark Intermediate color birds you can try crossing them to a Lavender and that should turn the Black to Lavander and the Red to either Buff or Cream. So the out come should be like a Lavander barred Buff/ Cream Crele..

Intermediant
In genetic term an "intermediate" male is heterozygous for barring (Bb). Females carry but one sex chromosome so a B- female would be called hemizygous; a BB (Black Breasted) male would be homozygous for barring

Self Blue ( Lavender ) gene: lav
Lavander is a simple recessive gene that dilutes black to pale gray ('Lavender') and red to buff or cream. It operates on any base pattern, and can change black birds to self lavander.

Heterozygous With respect to a particular trait or condition, an individual who has inherited two different alleles, usually one normal and the other abnormal, at a particular locus.

Hemizygous Describes an individual who has only one member of a chromosome pair or chromosome segment rather than the usual two; refers in particular to X-linked genes in males who under usual circumstances have only one X chromosome.

Homozygous is a genetic condition where an individual inherits the same alleles for a particular gene from both parents.

You may want to check with tadkerson but I think it should work with a little time..

Chris

Last edited:
Quoat from-
Old English Game Bantam as Bred and Shown in the United States.

"Catlin (1991) describes how he made his own strain of Creles by crossing two Crele males with two unrelated Black Breasted Red females. From the mating all the sons were dark
(intermediate) Creles and all the daughters pure Creles. By crossing first generation males and females he extracted some pure Crele males to go with the pure Crele females already obtained.
Wolf (1991):
"

SIRE.....................DAM..................SONS.............................................DAUGHTERS
Crele....................Crele............100% Crele.......................................100% Crele
Crele....................B.B. Red......100% Intermediate...........................100% Crele
Intermediate.......Crele...........50% Crele & 50% Intermediate.........50% Crele & 50% B.B. Red
Intermediate.......B.B. Red......50% Intermediate & 50% B.B. Red....50% Crele & 50% B.B. Red
B.B. Red..............Crele............100% Intermediate...........................100% B.B. Red

Chris

Back
Top Bottom