Too much Bumping Lately...

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

FYI - From the BYC rules.

Last edited:
I could not agree more! I have seen a lot of posts lately. Sometimes there are three posts saying bump bump bump. I have been reporting them to the staff. Remember the rules everyone!

Remember that the "Report" button is your friend. Just report it and let the staff handle it.
smile.png

A good reminder for all the new members! As I posted in this thread :

All of our forum members should always be friendly and respectful, and the vast majority are (we all get in bad moods from time to time).

We encourage people to get the info they need in whichever way is most effective for them. Either via the website, forum, search, posting new threads, posting on old threads, etc.

"Bumping" can be a pretty gray area and there are a lot of factors involved. There is a huge difference between:

Situation 1: A member posts in the "Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures" section with the subject "HELP!" and the message says, "My chicken is sick, what do I do!?!?!" 20 minutes later they are shocked that nobody came to their aid and reply to their own thread with "BUMP!!!!"

Situation 2: A member posts in the "Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures" section with a very descriptive title and as much information as they have on hand. During the next hour they find more insights from searching the forum and have some info about their situation. Their thread has no replies and so they post a reply to their thread with the additional insights and information to get feedback. They also may realize that peeps aren't answering their questions because either:

1) The question has been asked 1,000 times and there are already a plethora of threads that can be found on the subject with searching.
2) The original poster didn't provide enough detail or information
3) Peeps just don't have an answer

The BYC Staff don't love to be "Bump Police" but we will step in and remove bumps and even send warnings to members when the bumps are excessive and don't provide any value.

I think a lot of the bumping going on right now has to do with so many unanswered posts and people feeling like they are being ignored when they have a problem they really need help with.

Quote:
You are correct, but most questions can be answered here with a simple search and a bit of reading. Ever see someone get mad due to no replies, and there are 2 threads with answers on the 1st page of the section. Some times directly below the angry poster.

I am still in awe of the number of nipple drinker threads that get started.

Back
Top Bottom