My first ever chicks (pics)

Steve

Ye Olde Henhouse Builder
13 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Eaton County, Michigan
I finally have my much anticipated chicks. I was going to wait until the local feedstore or TSC had chicks available, but after reading a post by Vicki 2x2 about a store nearby having chicks, my plans changed. Thanks Vicki!

I sent the guys off to work and told them I had other things to do (it's nice being the boss) then I beat feet over to Family Farm and Home and decided on what I wanted that was available.

I knew I wanted ISA Browns so I bought 4, I knew I wanted the Americauna to get the various colored eggs, so I bought 3 and I also bought 3 Buff Orpingtons. I really wanted to get some RIR and some Barred Rocks, but there were none, so this is what I will be starting with.

100_3832.jpg

And a close up of them.

100_3836.jpg

Thanks again Vicki for the timely post!

Congrats on the babies! Now the egg wait begins and then next spring we'll see your thread on your bator and hatching chicks!! Good Luck
gig.gif

AWWW, SOOO CUTE! I want some chicks. Although, my 4 hens seem to give me enough things to worry about. I still want some though. You're so lucky!

Quote:
WILDSKY! What happened to your avatar?

I know I thought it was Purple Chicken, you can't mess with people like that.

Last edited:
Which ones are the Isa Browns? The darker gold ones? I was just at Family Farm on Plainfield in GR and all they had were RIR's which me being soooo bad bought 2.

Awww, sweet little chicks! Get a bator and hatch some BR's. I know who has sweet and friendly birds you might get some eggs from!

Back
Top Bottom