I got the bugger!!!!WARNING-GRAPHIC PIC

Damummis

Chickenista
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Mid-Coast
The couple nights I had set a have a heart trap to catch the critter that has been digging under the day pen and eating the turkey food. The first night I set it the bugger flipped the trap and took the bait, the second night I tied the bait down. Again the animal flipped the trap and took the bait THEN pooped on my new cedar deck.
barnie.gif
somad.gif
Boy did that get DH mad
somad.gif
. "That is it, he is going down!" DH fumed as he walked in the back door. "I can't believe that critter pooped on the deck. The big guns are coming out now." And they did. Last night DH set the big trap. "I ain't playing nice anymore."

This could have really put a huge dent in my flock...................

WARNING GRAPHIC PIC AHEAD!!!!!!!

29708_coon_002.jpg

And from the looks of it we have minks too, notice the spot where the liver was taken.

I want you all to know I am a gentle soul and I don't like causing harm to animals but if pushed to the limit I will take action. So with that said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

220? That's a big raccoon. How do you like the Conibear? I am considering getting one.

Quote:
you might consider using a pair of the setters if you purchase 220 size or larger and learn to use the safety on the traps. A rope can be used to set them , but the setters are easier IMO

Back
Top Bottom