Dumped/Abandoned Shepherd Puppy, thin but lovable. Pics #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I took Steven, Ricky, and Eric, to Ruidoso yesterday and had a great time. When I got home in the dark IN my backyard was a very nice lovable, and looks to be full blooded, German Shepherd puppy. He's probably about 6 months at the most from the size, and teeth, I could be wrong. He's so thin, his normally large ears look even larger because of his thin face and ribs sticking out. Someone went to a lot of trouble to put him into my backyard and I'm glad my other dogs didn't fight with him. He's afraid of the other dogs but not of us humans. I will have pictures later in the light when I get home,, but it's heartbreaking to have this poor dog dumped like this and to know I just can't keep another dog. If I send him to the pound he might be adopted, or because he's so thin they might put him to sleep instead.
He's a dark color, with beautiful points,, I'm upset he's thin, I'm upset someone went on property and put him inside a yard with dogs in it that could have killed him. I'm upset I can't keep him, he's beautiful!!! I know, I'm aimlessly ranting and venting about it too.

Last edited:
I want him! I need another dog. I love shepherds. I had to put one of mine down last week. I have a spot to fill.
I wish you were in state. I imagine getting him here would break us both.

That is the way of things sometimes. Someone knew you were good to animals and thought you could care for him. They should have asked first.
It's all fun and games when they are small. Then they grow up. I have NEVER had a puppy. I always get someone else's throw aways. They suck all the puppy goodness out of them and then toss them away like a baby diaper. (Rant # 2-but I won't get into that)
I am sure you will find a good home for him, but feeding a large dog gets $$$ so, do not be afraid of the shelters. It is a shame that someone else thought you should be the one to take him there instead of taking him there himself.
sad.png

Last edited:
I know this is hard. My son is brain injured and is living in a Flat. He has help to be independant and has sheltered employment. However because he is vaulnerable and easily led some folk have thought it ok to dump their unwanted or abused and abandoned pets on him. At the momment he has 2 dogs and a ferrit!!!!!
Just last week he told me some guy wanted him to take a german shepherd pup as it was being starved and beaten. - He said yes - WE said NO! DS is 23yrs old so it is difficult for us to overide him in his own home. But folk take advantage of his situation.

Those who abandoned the puppy in your yard are doing the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
They saw your yard and your Dogs and thought oh well there's some mug that loves Dogs they will take care of it!

- The fact is they are right because you are a caring person you are going to care for its needs.

- Thing is YOU can't keep this dog. Like I say to my son, there are millions and millions of abused and abandoned dogs in this world you cannot rescue them all!!!!!

Perhaps if you fed this pup up for a couple of weeks there might be a possibility he will get a new home from the pound??? Does your area have a spacific breed rescue. Over here in the UK we have them. For example if an Old English turned up at the pound - it could go to the Old English rescue society????

Anyhow I feel for you in this situation! It is so horrible of others to do this - basically they are treating their unwanted pets as trash and dumping it in your yard!!!!!!!
How sad for any animals to get treated that way. At least you are a caring owner who will do the right thing for this fellow.

Oesdog -
hugs.gif

Here's an idea if your up for it!
Go to germanshepherds.com and post this under the rescue section in their forum. There may be someone close to you who will come get him. I have seen many dogs saved that way. They have a network of people who rescue GSD's and they know what they are doing. It's pretty amazing. Just a thought...

Quote:
That is what I was saying - as I am a member of the OES rescue here - so if you can get in contact with the GSD rescue that would give him a better chance.

Oesdog

LOTS of people LOVE those dogs! But before I would rehome him, I would go by the Vet and see if by chance he is microchipped, what if some punks took him, kept him at their home, and then their parents told them to get rid of that dog, and they did this to him! He could have a frantic loving family out there searching for him! Or he could just be one of the millions of dogs that people decide to throw away.

The more I see and read about people the less I like them.

but then people like you, and countless others on here go above and beyond to help strays and abandoned animals. We are a foster home for the SPCA and I wish I could afford to do more for them!

Last edited:
^^^ I agree with Mom above. Take him to have checked for a micro chip to be sure he wasn't stolen or missing.

I would then post pics at your local vets, Petsmart/Petco, Craigslist.

The breed specific rescues in my opinion charge too much to rescue a dog. I had a roomy that wanted to get a shepherd or two.

Good luck with your new guy. I can't wait to see pictures. Maybe someone on this site or over at BYH's that lives near you would be interested.

I think I want him. Seriously. If he needs a place and don't mind an active outdoor lifestyle, he'd be welcome here. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom