Her little vent was incredibly blocked, now swollen - pic included

dulcimer lady

Songster
9 Years
Apr 22, 2010
animalpics001.jpg

Ok, the picture is the "after." She had such a horrible blockage and two *huge* globs of poop stuck to her hind end, one of them blocking a good bit of her vent. I cleaned up the area as best as I could and (hold your nose) poop just poured out of her. After that, I still couldn't get the dried globs off of her and ended up bringing her inside and holding her back end under warm running water in the bathroom. She behaved like an angel the whole time. After I was done I held her in front of a space heater until she dried. She fell asleep.

But her little chicken butt is so raw and sore looking and irritated. I hope she's not blocked up more on the inside, but how can one tell?

Oh my, that redness in the center looks awful. I have an idea--can you use some Preperation H on her? I'll bet that would make her behind feel alot better.......

That looks like a very mild case of a prolapsed vent. Use the prep H and try to get that cherry looking thing back inside her. I lost a frizzled hen to a prolapse
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom