What are we?

pfd

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 17, 2009
Alabama
Hello everyone. After owning a rooster now for 1.5 yrs I decided that he needs company since he doesn't get along with the peking duck anymore. So I purchased 2 (supposed to be) hens yesterday. All I want is an occational egg. I would like your opinions in regards to what the 2 new chickens are (gender and possibly breed). All I know they were from a store who bought them about 4 weeks ago from private owners who didn't want the chickens anymore. Nobody knows how old they really are.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

Here is Ed the rooster with the new ones:
IMG_5280.jpg

Here is a picture of Aflac, the duck
smile.png

copy041.jpg

About those two new birds... the black one looks like a pullet and my guess is probably this years hatch but definatly a mixed breed. The second one (multi colored) looks a lot like my old EE roo I use to have. Definatly a mix and likely an easter egger-just from my experiance.

Thank you! If the brownish color one is a roo then I better take him back. Does anyone else think it's a rooster?
sad.png

The colorful one is an Easter Egger cockerel, just like your original rooster there. The second - Is its comb flat, lumpy, or like a sawtooth edge? It's not a Black Australorp, but perhaps a Wyandotte cross. The body type and comb type looks wrong to be an Australorp.

Thank you very much for the info. I hate taking the brown one back but 2 roosters are just 1 too many.

Quote:
The black one looks very similar to my SLW x BA pullet...

(she's on the left)
10133_img_1048.jpg

(this is a terrible pic of my BeeBee, but you can see the similar body type... she isn't shaped like her Wyandotte father at all)
10133_img_1047.jpg

...except the OP's has those pretty Australorp looking dark brown eyes.

Back
Top Bottom