I did it!!! I finally did it!! PICS ADDED of the UGLYBATOR!

KatieBugg

Songster
9 Years
Dec 21, 2010
Holts Summit, MO
I have built and been working on a home bator, I opted for the water heater thermostat and was worried about getting it to adjust, but I finally figured it out and am now holding stady at 99.8!! You people who all did the journey before me I want to really thank them, thier info was invaluable. I was actually starting to worry at one point if I was going to be ready when I pick up my eggs next week, but I did it wohoooooooo! Man that bator is UGLY maybe when hubby gets back home from offshore he can build me a nice cabinet, hmmmm maybe I need to teach myself how to do wood working hahahaha. I can NOT have a styrofoam bator as I have a cat named Ninja that would make a very quick mess of the foam! His new fav spot is on top of the bator, figures
smile.png

IS it normal to jones like a druggie after you have a working bator, for eggs?
gig.gif

Last edited:
oh o, sounds like you have hatchaholicitiss.
ep.gif
Beware many enablers will feed the symptoms with shiny fertile eggs!
hide.gif

Do you have a pic of your awesome handy work?

very nice
big_smile.png
who cares if its not designer as long as it works!!
thumbsup.gif
i have been gathering materials to start building one. the info on here is so amazing. thanks byc

and i love your kitty sitting up there posing for the picture!! its like he knows already there will be cute little fluffy snacks (NOT for him) in there!

what did you start with?? 2 old drawers??

Last edited:
ep.gif
Is that the latest egg turning device... THe Kittypaw 1000??? Nice... (it thinks it is a hen) Nice of her to offer to hatch for you.... This is my first broody cat experience.!!!! LOL
lau.gif

hey looks like Boobear got a fur cut and went over to your house.
lol.png

nifty looking bator. Hope you get lots n lots of fuzzies with it.
wink.png

Quote:
Yes I used 2 old drawers, I used the whole drawer for the bottom and only the bottom of the second, i used foam and tape to the bottom of the second to make the lid. That cat is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO A.D.D, he would probably forget about them in 2 seconds lol!

Back
Top Bottom