One BIG happy family - my blended flock *PIC HEAVY*

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I managed to get both flocks together today for a few pics, not an easy task when everyone is out free ranging....doing their own thing. Some of the girls are missing from these pics. They think they are being sneaky. I will find those hidden nests.

Anyhow, here's (mostly) everybody from the oldest roo right on down to the youngest chicks.

(I didn't edit the pics other than for size. Just kinda threw them up here)

4810_p5190034.jpg

4810_p5190035.jpg

4810_p5190036.jpg

4810_p5190037.jpg

4810_p5190038.jpg

4810_p5190039.jpg

And the boys that have a special place in my heart, the Chickateers....

Cash:
4810_p5190040.jpg

Rowdy:
4810_p5190041.jpg

TJ
4810_p5190043.jpg

Quote:
Yeah I think a few of the girls opted out, not because of hidden nests, they just don't go in for the whole blended family sort of thing.
lol.png

You need more, you need more-- look at all that space.
lol.png
Those little WC black Polish really stand out. Now once they cross with the Trahmas-----
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Please sour, let's not even go there. They are the first chickens anyone notices anymore. Look at those chickens with the white poofs on their heads! yeah, yeah, I know!
roll.png

Ooooooh! Although you have a ways to go to equal Zazouse's flock (minus guineas), that's still a really heart-warming collection of flock pictures!

Those JGs chicks with their foster mom just make me smile!

In the past few days, a couple of my pullets have been running down the gravel driveway to greet my car as I open the drive gate. They they saunter back towards the house, with me right behind them at nearly zero speed, hoping I don't run over the silly girls. I have had to stop and get OUT to shoo them ahead of me. The older, smarter chickens just gather around the parking pad. Carl has come all the way down to bring the girls back, in the past, but he's been in the back yard while Blue Orp Sister #2 takes her newly hatched chick on walkabout.

I want to be able to have a nice shot of my flock all together, too. Think I'll wait until I get to the new house.

Thanks for sharing the photos of yours, Gritty!

Look at all those adorable cockerals!
big_smile.png

Actually, very nice Grits, you have a widely varied, gorgeous flock!
clap.gif

Quote:
Hey! No comments from the peanut gallery!
tongue.gif

(More OT - where does that saying come from? Wasn't it Howdy Doody? Course I'm too young to remember that show. Ohhhh, Ranchy????)

Back
Top Bottom