One BIG happy family - my blended flock *PIC HEAVY*

Thanks y'all for the compliments.

I love my birds and I'm very pleased that everyone has found their place to be happy in the flock. I had a tad bit of trouble with one of my turkens, Ivy, when the chicks were born but now that there are so many chicks running around Ivy has given up on protesting their existence.
smile.png

Last edited:
LOL such a lovely flock i cant wait till mine gets that big. Im at 16 and getting 2 more today YAYAY. Ya i read the post kitt and im sorry you had that happen. If you ever get a broodie or a bator, or i get some unwanted chicks i can give you some chicks or eggs, mind you they will be EE. You can see them on my home page thing.

Quote:
Oh I'm so sorry Kitt.
hugs.gif
I rarely go into the P&P section (too many things there make my blood boil) so that explains why I missed it.

If you ever need some eggs to help rebuild, let me know. 'Course until TJ puts Imp in his place (he's already challenging him), they'll all hatch out Impys.

Funniest dang thing....the most handsome cockerel I have on the place - this boy is a real looker - is not TJ, but Cash. Pictures don't do the boy justice. Once he goes through his first adult molt he's gong to be stunning.
love.gif

Cash is an Imp chick too, Impy over my black turken Ivy, yet he doesn't have the naked neck. I'm told this is because they are hatchery turkens and there's some other blood, like OEGB, mixed in way back.

I just re-read this...Cash is out of Imp??? wow. I can't wait to see Cash after he molts.

Quote:
Oh I'm so sorry Kitt.
hugs.gif
I rarely go into the P&P section (too many things there make my blood boil) so that explains why I missed it.

If you ever need some eggs to help rebuild, let me know. 'Course until TJ puts Imp in his place (he's already challenging him), they'll all hatch out Impys.

Funniest dang thing....the most handsome cockerel I have on the place - this boy is a real looker - is not TJ, but Cash. Pictures don't do the boy justice. Once he goes through his first adult molt he's gong to be stunning.
love.gif

Cash is an Imp chick too, Impy over my black turken Ivy, yet he doesn't have the naked neck. I'm told this is because they are hatchery turkens and there's some other blood, like OEGB, mixed in way back.

I just re-read this...Cash is out of Imp??? wow. I can't wait to see Cash after he molts.

Yeah, Cash is Impy's son too. I'm 99.9% positive Cash's mama is my solid black turken Ivy. She has always produced large eggs, right from the start, so when I needed an extra egg to put under Cash's broody mama (Doe) I got one of Ivy's.

I'll have to get some new pics of Ivy one of these days. She's the top hen, bossy as all get out, but she is also beautiful; in a turken sorta way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom