Penedesenca info please

Picco

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
NY
I recently saw Penedesencas on the feather site. I found them to be interesting looking and was amazed at their dark egg color. Does anyone know anything about them or have them? I think I'd like to get some but I'd like a little info first. Does any one know of a breeder or hatchery? Thanks.

ep.gif
Wow, those are AMAZEING birds!! And I am SO IN LOVE with the rich dark brown eggs. I have been searching the internet for them, and have not been able to locate any hatchers with them. Anyone else?? I WANT THOSE TOO!
clap.gif

Picco, I was just thinking of asking about Penedesencas...mostly wanting to hear other forum members' experiences with Penes.

Barry Koffler of feathersite.com has Penes. He will be at Schaghticoke, NY on Sunday, May 6th from 8am-12noon and will have some Penes with him. I was just checking his site this afternoon because I was thinking of contacting him for some hatching eggs. Last year, I had a chance to get some eggs from him but I had to turn him down since my husband just had surgery.

Another source is Colorsplash Poultry. That link is www.mothermastiff.com

If you decide to go to Schaghticoke, let me know what you think of the birds.
Stephanie

OMG, thank you so much I live 30 minutes away from there! I can't go to the swap because I'm stuck in college with finals.... I'll have to send my family! Thanks a lot.

oops, I forgot to ask... could you send me his contact info if you have it?

Last edited:
I just got 6 black Penedesenca chicks from Marina. It looks like 1 cockerel and 5 pullets. They are almost feathered in.

I also just bought a trio of adult Crele Penedesencas from Barry Koffler of Feathersite.com. I can wait for them to get here. I really love the Crele color.
lol.png

chel

I wanted black penedesencas but all I could find was the wheaten variety - the waiting lists were too long for everywhere. I ordered 1 dozen+ eggs on Sunday but I havn't got an email from the breeder yet which is making me nervous. Does Marina have a website? If you could email me the contact info it would be great. I havn't been able to find much info on the breed (in English anyway) but they seem to be amazing!

big_smile.png
300 posts!

Last edited:
Sorry Picco, Marina just hatched a batch from eggs that she bought. I bought her extra chicks. Neither hers nor mine will be laying for a while. I'll try to remember to ask her who she bought the eggs from.

chel

Back
Top Bottom