Rio Grande Valley - Texas... anybody?

lonestargame

Little TX Seramas
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
anybody from RGV here in BYC?
Hello, Ola!
Would love to hear from you and your feathered friends.

I breed smooth and frizzled American Seramas - one of the smallest chicken breeds in the world.
IMAG0030.jpg

Hi Deb,
Yep. I did... but Texas is just too big.
cool.png
and we are trying to find folks in or near our area for a possible fancy feathers show/meet.
Thanks anyway
smile.png

Oh no! I didn't know anyone else had posted from down here! I've been looking for some backyard chicken people from here for ages!
old.gif

I'm from Harlingen. I know that the Texas thread is active, but I just know what you mean about Texas being huge. The only place I could kinda find nearby was Corpus or San Antonio or something. I'd have to drive five hours just to meet a bunch of people I don't know...from a completely different climate. As hot as SA can get, nobody really understands how hot it gets down here and what kind of care our chickens need specifically to battle the heat.

I have a bunch of chickens, a couple ducks, and just this week I got a couple turkey poults. Do you know anyone else who has chickens from around here? I only know a couple, but most of them are friends of my parents and it's a bit weird to contact them without my parents around. I'd love to get to know some more chicken lovers!

from harlingen here...anyone here sell egg laying chicks?

Do you mean female chicks or egg-laying pullets? Moreno's in Donna normally has plenty of pullets and hens for sale for about $15.

But if you are looking for chicks, they also had red sex-link chicks. I wish I could sell some of my hens, but I'm too attached. I wouldn't hesitate to sell the roosters though, haha!

Do you mean female chicks or egg-laying pullets? Moreno's in Donna normally has plenty of pullets and hens for sale for about $15.

But if you are looking for chicks, they also had red sex-link chicks. I wish I could sell some of my hens, but I'm too attached. I wouldn't hesitate to sell the roosters though, haha!
i've heard they sell chicks, but I was told that the chicks there look sick... i've never been there myself, so I can only take my buddies word. What is your experience with their chicks?

i've heard they sell chicks, but I was told that the chicks there look sick... i've never been there myself, so I can only take my buddies word. What is your experience with their chicks? 

Personally, I prefer Moreno's in Weslaco. They have a knowledgeable staff (well, two of the guys are knowledgeable. The others are mostly the labor guys) and the chicks normally look pretty good. Most of them survive. The Weslaco location doesn't sell adult birds, though. Oh, and Karl's Korner Feed Store sells chicks, too, but I have never personally purchased them there.

Broiler chicks always look a little sickly, but the Moreno's broiler chicks never look quite as bad as I've seen. The other chicks normally look really nice, though.

Personally, I prefer Moreno's in Weslaco. They have a knowledgeable staff (well, two of the guys are knowledgeable. The others are mostly the labor guys) and the chicks normally look pretty good. Most of them survive. The Weslaco location doesn't sell adult birds, though. Oh, and Karl's Korner Feed Store sells chicks, too, but I have never personally purchased them there.

Broiler chicks always look a little sickly, but the Moreno's broiler chicks never look quite as bad as I've seen. The other chicks normally look really nice, though.
how old are the adult birds in Donna?

Back
Top Bottom