Coop is finished!!!

rubysmom

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Oregon
My husband has built this beautiful coop for us and I just have to show it off!!!! Isn't it spendid? I have 5 very lucky chickens.

chickpics014-1.jpg

chickpics013.jpg

chickpics012-1.jpg

chickpics015.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so impressed!
smile.png
The hen house is wonderful ~ I like the rustic look of it. The run is great, also. Do you have a clear roof over the run? I wouldn't worry about any cedar bark.... the odors will dissipate and not bother those lucky hens.
If you have time, would you please post photographs of the inside?
Tell your husband he's done a wonderful job with the coop/run. Really, really a great job.

Carla

Thanks Carla and everyone!

We have about 1/4 of the run covered with that corrugated plastic roofing stuff, but since we live in Oregon we will probably be covering the rest of it shortly
wink.png

We lucked out the hen house materials, its actually sided with a fence that one of our neighbors took down and we were able to get the 2x4s and windows at a recycled building materials place.

I'll posts some pics of the inside later on so you can check it out!

So you think the bark mulch isn't a problem? Its been in the yard for over a year?

Cedar shavings are a problem when used in a confined area like in a brooder or as deep litter in a coop.

I'd say it would be fine in the great outdoors as mulch - especially if it's already been out a year or more.

The oils in cedar that give it such a great aroma are what can be dangerous for small animals that are forced to breathe in the fumes given off by the cedar bedding.

Great coop!

Back
Top Bottom