French Cuckoo Maran For Sale. SF Bay Area, CA

Wooden_Pony

Songster
12 Years
Aug 9, 2007
Mushroom Mardi Gras Land, CA
I am not saying Roo or Pullet on this one, as it has me confused. ZeeBoo hatched out of some eggs that I won on an auction ZeeBoo's egg was a dark one!!!

Here is a link to ZeeBoo's pictures....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57655

$15.00
for this goof ball.
tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I see why he has you confused! But I think it's definitely a roo with those saddle feathers.
wink.png
Just really small comb/wattles...maybe a late bloomer! I've got a couple that are dark like that, too.

Good luck finding him a home! He's awfully pretty.

Thanks Crunchie! I am so glad to see that I am not the only one who thought could be a pullet. I saved ZeeBoo out of the clutch that I hatched thinking he was a pullet and had a home all lined up for him. Now because ZeeBoo is more then likly a roo his home fell through
sad.png

I would keep him, but I do not need two boys!! Actually, I am not even suppost to have one roo LOL
tongue.png

A broody of mine hatched 9 chicks recently and I could have swore that they were all pullets, they were all so dark! I knew that was too good to be true, though. After a couple weeks I could tell that I had 3 roos and 6 pullets but I still have too look closely at a few of them. This is part of the reason why I'm keeping a very light roo I hatched from another breeder--so I can hopefully enhance the sex-linked color trait of the Cuckoos in my flock. I'm way too impatient to wait to see who's who!
lol.png

I'm trying to find homes for a mess of roos myself right now--I know how hard it is!

Back
Top Bottom