apple cider vinegar

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
I know alot of people on here give their hens apple cider vinegar. How much do you give, and do you just mix it in with the water. How often do you give it? At what age should you start giving it?

What are some of the health benefits?

There's not a critter here that doesn't get ACV, even the two legged ones! You really can't overdo it. I ration it based on cost. The organic stuff ain't cheap! I find that when I get a little heavy handed the chickens spend more time at the waterer than the feeder.

Here's the link to a thread I started a while ago where the benefits, amounts, etc. are discussed.
Info on Apple Cider Vinager (ACV): https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=41321&p=1
I
hope it helps.
smile.png

If you put to much ACV in the chicken waterer they will let you know. If they aren't drinking it or not drinking as much then cut back on the amount. I usually add 3+ tbsp in my 3 gallon plastic waterer. I have read that in the heat not to add as much because it will give a sour taste faster and the chickens won't drink as much water as they need to be drinking in the heat. Don't know if that's true or not.

gonzo&hispeeps :

should be fine. Love your avatar!! Looks like one of Gonzo's chickens!
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:

LOL, it is! Hi, Gonzo!​

I have never given my chickens ACV. They are about 8-9 weeks now. Is it ok to just start adding it now? What if they wont drink it since they have not had it before?

Back
Top Bottom