Anybody have pics of Black Star chicks/Hens?

Chicky Joy

Songster
11 Years
Jun 22, 2008
My husband wants to see pictures of the breed of chicks I just ordered. There aren't any good pictures that I've come across online. I was wondering if anyone on here had any, since we all love pics so much?
yippiechickie.gif

I'd love to see some pics, as well!
smile.png

I recently picked up 3 little chicks from my local feed store ..supposedly, Black Stars.. but one little chica started developing some golden red feathers on her back area ...and now, some weeks later... she has what appears to be some Gold Laced coming through. Fortunately, she still looks to be a she ..so she can stay!
tongue.png

..but yeah! I'd like to see some pics of Black Star chicks, pullets, hens...

Thanks!

edit: Yes! Weeze looks like that!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Very pretty birds! Any one have pics of chicks?

We have red stars right now. They have a pretty good personality. I have never had chickens before but they seem pretty friendly to me. They are great layers so I decided to try some black stars too.

Both sets of our black stars came from McMurray's.

The first are mostly black with just some red on their chest - nothing to write home about look wise. We got these a couple of years ago. They look just like the picture in their catalog.

The younger group (hatched last fall), looks like Hen Daddy's - some of the prettiest chickens we have. Still just Black Stars but they obviously changed or added something to the the parent stock. AND they do have attitude!

Any ideas what they did to create this beautiful hen?

Back
Top Bottom