Day 24????

All dead.
sad.png

Now I am not sure what I should do on my next batch.

Jonathan

Awww....
hugs.gif

So sorry on your babies. I don't know what to say. Hope you have better luck nest time. Just make sure to go by the wiggler temp. Maybe the humidity was too high??? Did you open any of the eggs?

Did you open them and see ?? Is that how you know they are dead ?? Set some more eggs and try again !!!! Thats about all you can do, were they fully grown chicks ??

Give the dry incubation a try, Might work better !!!!

Sorry for the loss's !!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I opened a few. Some were fully developed and some where just embryos. I think I had the temp to low. Should have gone by the other thermo. I am going to wait a few weeks and give it another try. Maybe it was that and a combination of taking the auto turner out and not upping the temp. In my defense the thermometer that I did go by always read 99.5. Live and learn.

Thanks,
Jonathan

I'm so sorry for your loss Jonathon
hmm.png
Please don't feel bad. You did everything you knew. Wasn't for a lack of effort.

I'm about to start my first batch and this kind of scenario does frightens me a bit. Can someone be specific on what most likely went wrong here? If the thermometer read 99.5, without the wiggler, does that mean that anyone without a wiggler is going to suffer the same fate?

I think I found the problem. The temp is now reading 92, and it must have gone lower once the auto egg turner was removed. Proves the more expensive thermo is not always the right one.

Jonathan

island.girlie :

I'm so sorry for your loss Jonathon
hmm.png
Please don't feel bad. You did everything you knew. Wasn't for a lack of effort.

I'm about to start my first batch and this kind of scenario does frightens me a bit. Can someone be specific on what most likely went wrong here? If the thermometer read 99.5, without the wiggler, does that mean that anyone without a wiggler is going to suffer the same fate?

I tried using the water wiggler in mine, but I was getting readings of 104 and up. I had hatched eggs prior to getting the wiggler, with the bator at the same air temp before and after. I finally just gave the wiggler to my son to play with, and keep the plain old accurite thermometer in there. I have not had any problems with it. Just make sure the sensor on your thermometer is at the same level as the tops of your eggs, and you'll be fine.​

Back
Top Bottom