What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llysse if you "right click" on a link and choose "open in new window" that might help out... I thought there was a setting that would make all new links open in a new window but haven't been able to find that so far. Give the right click a try and see if it works for you
smile.png

Great stuff guys, keep it coming!

I've heard what you've been saying and I'm glad we've got the new smilies loaded up! I'm going to be making a tweak on those to clean them up and make them easier for everyone.

Freebie, I've been testing the PM modification and have discussed it with Cindi. We're going to hold off on PM's for now, but they will definitely be added some day.

Llysse, if you use IE you can hold down the Shift key and click on the link. This will open the link in a new window. There is a similar function in Firefox I think.

Ok people, I need feedback!

You'll notice when you reply to a thread that the format is a little different. It addresses some of the issues mentioned in the thread below.

Basically, all of the extra smilies are hidden by default when you reply, but you can click "show" and you'll have access to all of them.

Please let me know what you think about this change on the following thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1076

Hey All, I'm working hard to make this the best forum EVER!!!!

Check out all the new smilies I just added:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=10510#p10510

Also, I hired a programmer to make even more improvements to the post / reply pages so the "extended smilies" are hidden by default. All you have to do is click on the "show" link and it opens up a window that will allow you to view all of the many extra smilies I've added for your posting pleasure!

For all those naysayers that thought I wouldn't listen to your comments, suggestions and feedback....

duc.gif

tongue.png

Quote:
Actually the very first thing we did was increase the default font size to make it bigger from what it was "out of the box". We probably won't make it bigger than it is but you can change the size of the text a few ways:

1) In your browser increase the font size, example, in IE go to View, Text Size, pick Largest

2) Change your screen resolution to something smaller, for example, 800 x 600

A photo gallery section would be great to add to the posting categories!
smile.png

Quote:
Ahh... galleries. I really go back and forth on this. I actually had that in my plans to be the second thing to do, but after discussing with CC and some other members we felt that photobucket does such a good job it would be hard to come up with something as simple... also, many users are already using that service and it seems to work well for them.

It is on the list though and I may be rolling it out later when I roll out some other stuff in the next little while.

Keep the ideas coming!

Regarding enlarging font: If you use Firefox and have a wheel mouse, if you hold the Control key on the keyboard while you turn the mouse, you can make the text larger or smaller, depending on your needs (and face it, the older we get the large we need it!
old.gif
lau.gif

I hope this tip helps some!

Sorry for the separate post, but I wanted to ask - could the post icon (that cute little chick we see now next to each thread) somehow indicate which threads one has posted in? I know I could subscribe, but I hate to get those e-mails, I prefer to scan the new posts and pick out the threads I know I've participated in. Just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom