What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the forum is comming along wonderfully!

I have a suggestion, I'm not sure if it's been said yet tho.

I would really prefer if we could all have our own little galleries..so that we can insert pictures so much easier without the copy and pasting stuff..

I really dislike using photobucket....I find forums with galleries that u can select pictures much easier to use.

other than that, congrats! I love the new BYC forum! ur doing an awsome job!

If you have your own webspace (many ISP's offer you at least a 5 meg space), you can upload your pictures there and post the picture here via the tags. That's what I do all the time - I hate photobucket and all those other things. Like this:

[IMG]http:///annzoid.com/Gardens/zinnias.jpg

(one of my bee pictures, no chickens yet!

Quote:
Hm... so a way to subscribe, but not get the emails? I'll need to think on this, but I don't think there's a clean way to do it. In the interim I guess you could create a rule in your email client to filter out emails with the subject containing "Reply to topic:" I use Outlook and have all the emails from all the forums I belong to go into a "posts" folder to keep them separated from other emails.

Quote:
Hm... so a way to subscribe, but not get the emails? I'll need to think on this, but I don't think there's a clean way to do it. In the interim I guess you could create a rule in your email client to filter out emails with the subject containing "Reply to topic:" I use Outlook and have all the emails from all the forums I belong to go into a "posts" folder to keep them separated from other emails.

I don't get the e-mails at all, don't want them. I get too much e-mail as it is!
smile.png

I'm an old forum jockey, and most every one I visit has a slightly different icon that shows you've posted in a thread. It's a little arrow or something through the regular post icon in the thread listing of a forum. It's standard in most all forum software setups. If it isn't here, then so be it, I'll get over it!
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
correct me if I'm wrong...but there's a black dot in front of the title of every thread I've posted to.

Annbal- is this what you're thinking of? It's not as obvious as an arrow...but works just the same.

Sandra

Yes, I would like to see a forum for kids if it could be monitored. Another idea is to have forums based on purpose or number of chickens. Thanks

I think it would be neat if we could add a field to our profile page where we could enter our flock if we wanted to. A lot of people have that in their signature, I guess, so It's not that big a deal, but there have been times when I wish I could click on someone's name to see if they raise flighty Leghorns or snuggly Orpingtons or fat Cornish. Sometimes it would actually make it a lot easier to answer questions or give advice, knowing the breed of bird they might be talking about.

smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom