smoked quail

hooksetz

Songster
10 Years
Feb 10, 2009
Tampa Bay
I mix a bowl of diced 'maters, diced bell peppers, diced onions, mushrooms, minced garlic, and fresh spinach; sprinkle the concoction w/adobo to taste and stuff inside the little guys, I then wrap each bird in the thickest deli bacon I can find, sprinkle the whole bird bacon and all w/adobo again and place in my grill, using the indirect heat method on an oak fire.... when the bacon is done, the birds are as well. I've tried quail everyway possible and by far this is the best yet...Enjoy and happy grillin'

Last edited:
i tried smoked quail once,, but it made me cough too much
roll.png

i might try this, this weekend
big_smile.png

oh I am going to try that. I love the way that the bacon looks like a thong or one of those wrestling outfits
gig.gif

Just to clarify are you cooking using a smoker or a wood/coal fire on the grill?

so smoking temp like 200-250 till bacon is done or higher heat than that? I designed an outdoor kitchen several years ago and got the componants from texas pit crafters. It was a home project and one of my favorites and most useful. (I did all the tile work and frankly love it). I have smoked just about everything in it my favorites being catfish and whole pork shoulder, I never had smoked quail, I am probably going to try a few dry rubs with it as well. I cant wait got my first quail egg today from one of my little ones and soon I will have lots. And anything wrapped in bacon is
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom